Divergent by Veronica Roth | Teen Ink

Divergent by Veronica Roth

October 4, 2011
By blakebusby BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
blakebusby BRONZE, Monticello, Illinois
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"if your not first your last"


If you liked the Hunger games by: Suzanne Collins then you will love Divergent. It takes place in the future downtown Chicago. Imagine if you could only pick four different ways of life. You can live your life selfless, truthful, always trying to learn more or to always be brave.

When you’re sixteen, you get to pick your fraction, you can pick the one you were raised in, or you can pick a different one. If you do pick a new fraction you can dress different, act different you can even change your name. Each fraction is responsible for a certain job in the city there are guards, the government, framers and scientists. If you don’t make it past your fractions initiation, you will be come fractionless this is like being homeless. The main character Tris comes for the fraction that choses to be selfless and she switches to the ones who are always brave. When Tris finds out she is divergent her whole world changes. When you’re divergent it means you stand up for yourself you don’t listen to orders you don’t like. Fraction leaders want people who are divergent dead. Will she be able to keep her secret?


I think this is one of the best books I have ever read by a long shot. It is full of action and mystery. Divergent has so much suspense there are some parts where you can’t stop reading. I think this book is great for any teenager who wants a good book to read.