The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan | Teen Ink

The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan

September 29, 2011
By Keldan98 SILVER, Cisco, Illinois
Keldan98 SILVER, Cisco, Illinois
6 articles 0 photos 2 comments

The Lost Hero
By: Rick Riordan

The Lost Hero is about three people who are demigods, which means they are half god half human. Their names are Jason, Piper, and Leo. They are all the children of gods but I can’t tell you which ones or it will ruin some of it. You’ll just have to guess until you know. Since they are the children of gods they all have special powers that will come in handy in the book.
Jason lost his memory and woke up on the bus with Piper and Leo. Jason was holding Pipers hand so he was embarrassed... I think I would have been to. Of course with no memory he had no idea who she was or where he was. Even worse he didn’t know who he was! I would have started flipping out but he kinda kept his cool. There is there teacher who is called Coach Hedge and I think he is completely awesome. I think you will to when you read it too. Jason asked were he’s at and everyone thinks he’s kidding but they end up telling him that he’s in Wilderness School, were all the bad kids go and that there on there on their way to the Grand Canyon, were Annabeth from the first series makes a surprise appearance. It turns out she is looking for Percy who is the lost hero who has vanished.
Annabeth takes them all back to camp Half Blood were demigods learn their powers and who their godly parents are. Later they learn that Pipers dad gets kidnapped by giants. So they start the next great prophecy. They learn that Hera has been kidnapped to. So on their way to rescue Pipers dad and Hera they meet good gods and battle bad ones. I don’t think I’d have enough guts to fight a god. They also have to battle wolves, giants, even bigger giants, Cyclopes, storm spirits, and they get to ride on a bronze dragon named Festus.
I think that this is a very good book and I would suggest it to anyone who has read the first series, which you have to read to understand The Lost Hero. This is a kind of fantasy science fiction mythological book. It may seem big at first but you get so lost in it you can wiz through it in no time… I did it in 2 days. This book has surprises around every corner, so it makes you not want to put it down. I would suggest this book to grade levels 6th- high school. If you liked the first series you will like this one!