The Screwtape Letter by C.S Lewis | Teen Ink

The Screwtape Letter by C.S Lewis

By Kore1 BRONZE, Watervliet, New York
Kore1 BRONZE, Watervliet, New York

Dear readers,
I am afraid you have come across a book review of “The Screwtape Letter” by C.S Lewis. A masterpiece that will take you on the Christian views of us and the way we affect your life. I’m recommending it to you so that your soul will be informed and warned...

From
Screwtape

Who is Screwtape you ask? In short, he is a high ranked demon. The book consists of letters written by Screwtape to his cousin, Wormwood, who is a junior devil. Wormwood is assigned to tempt a human, who is known as “the patient” in the book and Screwtape is giving Wormwood instructions through his letters to help him successfully tempt “the patient”. The novel will give you spine-tickling, heavy hearted sensations as though you were eave dropping on Screwtape.

I would personally recommend the book to Christian readers as it mainly refers to the biblical scriptures. Though C.S Lewis target audience may be Christians it is still an excellent and a must-read for those hungry for a book with a reality check.

Out of a possible score of ten, I would give it a nine, a truly fantastic book that teaches a lot about the Human mind.