The Night My Sister Went Missing | Teen Ink

The Night My Sister Went Missing

September 13, 2011
By rachael surowiec BRONZE, West Seneca, New York
rachael surowiec BRONZE, West Seneca, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Imagine the panic and fear that would run though your body after your younger sister disappeared, without any knowledge if she is dead or alive.

The Night My Sister Went Missing by Carol Plum is about a teenage party on a pier that went horribly wrong. A shot rang and Kurt Carmody’s sister vanished into the bone chilling ocean. Kurt must uncover where his sister disappeared to and who fired the gun.

I really enjoyed this novel. One thing I enjoyed was how the book was told from the point of view from Kurt the whole time. It made the story line more intense and easy to comprehend rather than the confusion when a book is narrated through many characters. You could feel his panic and anxiety as he searched for his sister along the shoreline. Also, I really enjoyed the ending. The ending had a huge twist that was unexpected and left you with a feeling of astonishment. In addition to the ending, what really made the book enjoyable was how relatable the characters were. Everyone has someone they care about, like how Kurt cares about his sister. To have something horrific happen to them and leave you with more questions than answers, made Kurt’s fear and nerves relatable.

I would highly recommend this book. I would recommend this book to someone who loves a mysterious or thrilling book that keeps you guessing until the very end.
In conclusion, The Night My Sister Went Missing by Carol Plum is thrilling page turner. I enjoyed this book very much and would highly recommend it.

The author's comments:
really enjoyed the book