Eragon by Christopher Paolini

A fictitious story that makes you believe, and want to believe, that what you are reading is real, is definitely worth your time. If you are looking for a spectacular, fantastic adventure that will let your mind fly away, Eragon is a book you should read.

Eragon is a simple farm-boy living in the outsides of a small village called Carvahall with his uncle and his cousin. His life is monotonous and boring, and his routine consists on doing farm-work. One day, while he is hunting up in the mountains, he finds a blue stone that turns out to be a dragon egg. As the dragon is born, evil King Galbatorix tracks him down to get the dragon. Eragon's house is searched and destroyed while his uncle is inside. He is gravely injured, and dies soon after. Eragon, eager for revenge, takes his first steps towards his heroic adventure; full of victory and loss, joy and sorrow, but most importantly, honor.

Eragon is a book I really enjoyed from the very beginning to the very end. Christopher Paolini's way of writing makes the words come alive without making the book hard to understand. He emphasizes the important events of the story and foreshadows those that have yet to come. This book is a must-read for all the fiction lovers without a doubt.

ConstanceContraire said...
Reading this book now. ITS SO FREAK"N AWESOME