Far North by Will Hobbs | Teen Ink

Far North by Will Hobbs

March 7, 2008
By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
1044 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Vacation. Plane. Crash. Alone. These are the tragic event that leads to the most tragic events in a young 13-year-old boys life struggle. Far north by will hobbs will send you for a trip to the remote northwest territories and will never let you come back literally this book is about a teenage boy who goes on a trip to Canada to see his dad. he works in the multi-million dollar diamond industry for the multi million dollar De Beers diamond co. he arrives safely to a small town in the northern territories called Yellowknife. It in itself holds more than ¼ of the population in the northern territories. While he is there meets a young boy around his age who goes to the same boarding school, and he's really getting home sick. To cheer him up they take a trip to a small village, which is close to the young boys home, but just then tragedy strikes.
This is totally in the adventure genre so if you like to read good books about survival and peoples will to survive then, I would totally recommend this book this book teaches you what's is really important in life, such as your will to live and respect towards nature. If I were to rate this book I would give it 9 1/2 out of ten but if you have already read this book and are looking for a similar read check out hatchet by Gary Paulsen.

I really enjoyed reading this book because it send you to the end of your seat and doesn't let you sit back. If you love adventure books this the one for you!
JustinLoger