The Host | Teen Ink

The Host

By amberbuggzz BRONZE, Parkersburg, West Virginia
amberbuggzz BRONZE, Parkersburg, West Virginia

Go hard or Go home!
It's the win from within

Stephenie Meyer has been hypnotize us for quite some time now. Her latest book The Host is not a disappointment, when I first heard of it I thought that it would be a letdown because it was nothing like Twilight, but as I read the first few chapters I realized that this book had something different to bring to the world.
Melanie Stryder who has always been a fighter is among the last few remaining humans. She is certain that, if captured it is the ultimate end for the last of the humans. So when she is caught, and her body is given to an invading "soul", named Wanderer, Melanie absolutely refuses to fade away. Wanderer was warned about the possible difficulties of living inside a human. But she didn't expect that the body's former owner holds onto the possession of her mind.
Wanderer, instructed to investigate Melanie's thoughts in hopes of discovering the location of all the remaining human resistance, but is distracted with Melanie's visions of the man she loves-Jared one of the human resistance. Since Wanderer is unable to detach herself from her body's desires, she begins to fall in love with a man she's supposed to be exposing. Melanie and Wanderer become allies on this journey for the man both of them love, despite all their hatred for each other. However when they found him, they also come a crossed much more than either of them could have imagined.
Once finding the hide out of the rest of the human resistance, they find that all of Melanie's family is a part of the remaining resistance. But her family does not take it kindly that Melanie's body has been taken over by the very one thing they all despised. At first upon their arrival many thing happen to Wanderer. Eventually the more time Wanderer- who then becomes Wanda-spends down in hiding, she becomes a part of the family. Meanwhile Melanie begins to disappear in her own mind, with no way of knowing how to save her.

This race to the end book, has more ups and downs than a rollercoaster, going back and forth with romance and fear, and shocking events will never slow down with the thrilling excitement. This page-turner is filled with unexpected twists, that you will never want to put it down or for it to end. This book is definitely rated five stars.