Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry

Gathering Blue is a story of a young, crippled, and adventurous girl named Kira. During the story Kira's friend Matt helps her through some hard times when Kira's mother Katrina dies unexpected; Kira's house is burned down and nothing could be saved. Kira is brought to court by Vandara to be taken to the fields and eaten by the beasts. After, she meets Jamison who soon becomes her guardian.

To make sure Kira is safe, Jamison brings her into a much safer community. Kira is given a mission no one could turn down; she needs to repair the singer's sacred robe! Annabella, who is a dyer, helps guide Kira through to make the right dye for the robe. A young carver named Thomas lets Kira stay with him in his apartment complex.

Lois Lowry does a magnificent job weaving in all the parts of the story to make it understanding for everybody of all ages. Later on in the story Matt brings to Kira a present that's just too big to wrap! It's Kira's supposedly dead and completely blind father, Christopher. To get the full vibe of Kira's amazing journey through all the changes in her life then you have to read Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry. This book is wonderful for all ages, and they're sure to dive right in.

alksjdlksdj said...
This book is all about never giving up while having faults you can do anything. Lois Lowry wrote this book to show what the world could come to in the future after destruction. It shows what a normal way of life is for a young girl who is determined to make things right in her village. I think a lot of people should read this book, because it goes along great with the rest of the books. Kira is a girl that is by herself now in a village that is all about chaos. Kira has a talent to sew and dye t... (more »)