The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis | Teen Ink

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis

April 20, 2008
By Anonymous

The novel called The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis is a fantasy about the adventures of four children in the land called Narnia. Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy find Narnia by accident. They enter Narnia through a wardrobe while playing hide and seek in the house of an old professor. It is here that they meet many strange and different creatures such as the fawn, Mr. Tumnus, and Mr. & Mrs. Beaver. They are also hunted by the White Witch, who is afraid they will fulfill the prophecy and destroy her. They are led to Aslan who tells them about their destiny but then gives his life to save Edmund from the witch. After he rises from death, they win the war with the witch and save Narnia.

It was interesting to see how the novel parallels the Christian religion. Narnia resembles the Garden of Eden, Aslan is like Jesus not only by promoting peace, but also by dying and then rising from the dead, and the story shows how good triumphs over evil. I also liked that winter represented the evil witch's rule and spring meant the return of Aslan.

What I liked about the book was that it had a good story line to it and a lot of action. There were many different types of characters such as fauns and talking beavers, but I especially liked the four siblings working together to save Narnia. I also liked the big battle at the end and that Aslan killed the evil witch. Having a lion be the great King was one of my favorite parts. The most fascinating event in the whole book for me was that no time had passed when they got back to reality in the house.