Among the Hidden by Margaret Peterson Haddix | Teen Ink

Among the Hidden by Margaret Peterson Haddix

June 9, 2011
By fruitbythefoot BRONZE, Hubbard, Oregon
fruitbythefoot BRONZE, Hubbard, Oregon
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Among the Hidden


One of my favorite series books is the shadow children by Margaret Peterson Haddix, it’s about a kid who was born a third child which was now illegal and so he must live in there attic because now there are new houses being built next to them and the only thing he can look through is the vent in which he discovers a secret which will change his life forever.

He finds out that his neighbors also have a third child. Luke couldn’t resist and went over while his parents were gone and soon Luke and Jen become friends. Jens family was very rich because her dad was working for the government. Even though she was a illegal third child she had a dream, so she makes a chat room for all the third children and they decide they are all going to come out and rally in front of the government building Luke doesn’t go because it to dangerous and at the end of the book he finds out that they kill every body at the rally.

This book keeps you on the edge of the chair and as soon as it gets predictable something totally different happens. I hope you enjoy the book as much as I did and if you read the whole series it’s not only about Luke there are others that are involved enjoy.


The author's comments:
i really liked the book so i thought it would be perfect to write about