Matched by Ally Condie | Teen Ink

Matched by Ally Condie

MATCHED
by Allie Condie

Matched by Ally Condie is a futuristic book set in a dystopia world where the government

controls every aspect of your life. They control everything about you and your day, how much

you can exercise, what you will do when you grow up, and who you will marry when you grow

up.

The main character in this book, Cassia, thinks that everything in her life is perfect. She is

healthy and is about to be Matched with the person she is meant to be with forever at her very

own Matching Banquet. She has been looking forward to this day for her whole life, and

everything goes just as she expected and hoped that it would. Her best friend’s face appears on

the matching screen and she knows that they will be together forever.

That is, until another boy’s face appears on the matching screen for a split second.

Another boy that she knows, even. Stricken, Cassia may be forced to make the decision of either

being with Xander, her best friend, or Ky, the mysterious boy that she knows hardly anything

about. Can Cassia make this decision? How much can she rebel against the government before

she is forced to be punished?

Matched is a great book that is suspenseful and very hard to predict. It is an entertaining

read and will leave you wanting more, hoping that there is a sequel to this page-turner. Not only

is it an easy read, but it is also a thought-provoking and a thoroughly enjoyable book.