The GM by Tom Challahan | Teen Ink

The GM by Tom Challahan

March 7, 2008
By Anonymous

“Think of what you wanted when you were a kid.” A dream job, to be famous? To be a star football player? But just didn't cut it. Well then you'll love this story.


“The GM” is about tom Challhan “inside” the Giants organization. He had gotten invited by Ernie Accorsi, who is the senior genrel manager for the New York, Giants. This story is about the ups and downs, the good and bad, about being a football player. This is a once in a lifetime. You actually get to see what its like behind the scenes.


The life lesson/theme is that A dream job of calling all the shots isn't so great, that it's hard always getting yelled at by everyone.
My personal connections with football is that football, is pretty much my life.
Football gets intense and its hard when you're the one who loses the game, or called the shots, but it was the wrong one. Football isn't just a game its your life, it's a passion, its everything. Tom Challahan has a good connection because he did get to experience calling the shots and everything. He knows how everything goes. You actually feel like your in the game. My recommendation is that if you love football, or the Giants then you should check this book out because its great! I recommend it to everyone who loves sports!


“Think of what you wanted when you were a kid.” That phrase stuck into my head through out the book. Tom Challahan stuck with
doing something, and it worked out in the end.