Luna Lovegood+George Weasley?

From the second the last Harry Potter book came out, the Internet and general Harry Potter conversations have been swarming with arguments. Should Harry have lived? Are Hermione and Ron the best couple or should Harry have married Hermione? Could Voldemort really be defeated that easily? Is Snape a hero or is Snape a coward on two sides? I, as a devoted Harry Potter fan, have been a part of many of these arguments and have enjoyed all of them. One point that I love to argue is that Luna married the wrong person. While it does not say in the actual book who she married, it is said that she married Rolf Scamander. Where everybody is getting this information is a question I cannot answer but it has been generally accepted, same with the fact that George marries Angeline Johnson. I disagree with this conclusion. I think Luna and George should have gotten married.
Luna and George similar in more ways then you may think. They both have had great loses in their life (George lost Fred and Luna lost her mother), they are both pure-bloods, they both are close with their fathers and they both were in Dumbledore’s Army. Not to mention they have personality traits that are amazingly similar. Both are intelligent which is proven with George’s magic skills and Luna obviously being put in Ravenclaw. They are both rather blunt and they are both funny, even though Luna’s are typically unintentional. But they also have traits that could be balanced out. Luna is rather calm and almost trancelike which balances out nicely since George has a bit of a temper. Also Luna’s intelligence shows more in her school work and George’s is mostly with magical jokes and wit. There personality balances out nicely.
Luna marrying George works better relationship wise. George cares very much about his siblings and Luna knows George’s siblings better then Angeline does. Luna is particularly good friends with Ginny, who George is very protective of, as Ginny is the one who introduces Luna to everyone else. While I’m sure Angeline gets to know his siblings better, Luna does have better relationships with them. Also, I’m sure that there is a bit of guilt inside of George because Fred dated Angeline for a while and took Angeline to the Yule ball. Of course, some may make the argument that George is a bit older then Luna but in all honestly it is not that big of a deal. They are only three years apart and that is not a big difference once they hit adulthood. And besides, Angeline is a year older then George and they still got married.
In my humble opinion, Angeline is not a good match for George. There is the obvious difference of George feeling guilty because she used to date his dead twin brother. Angeline has a very passionate need to succeed which does not seem to go well with George’s relaxing characteristic of not really caring much. Angeline has a bit of a temper which was shown in the fifth book when Harry kept on getting detention from Umbridge, which with George’s temper could get really ugly if mixed together. She appears to be a very serious person which can’t go well since George is anything but serious.
Therefore, I conclude that George and Luna are practically made for each other. I like Angeline, but in general Luna and George are the best Harry Potter characters so they are a match made in Heaven. So JK Rowling, please do me a favor and add in the prologue that George had recently divorced Angeline and married Luna. In fact, I think that Angeline and Oliver Wood would be really cute together but that is a whole other argument.

Jane said...
Jul. 23, 2011 at 10:24 am
You know ... I was wondering where does everybody have this information about Georg and Angelina too. I found that Rowling said it herself at some interwiev but that interwiev I found nowhere... so ... I personaly think that even if Rowling said something about this relationships of other characters it is just  and only her own opinion and her own fantasy. If she would want us to think the same way about it she would write it in a book and we wouldnt have this "problem". But she didnt write... (more »)

bookworm29 said...
Are you serious? Wow... you really proved your point and you have me convinced that Luna would be good for George.

sirim3010 replied...
I totally agree with you... they are one of my favorite couples (aside from R/Hr and H/G) because they just suit each other and will balance each other out. Great article!

Writomania This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 15, 2011 at 9:13 am

Hi!

Being a harry potter fan too, i must say that i enjoyed your work except for one small thing.

Its Angelina Johnson; not Angeline!

musicgirl757 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
oh crap. as a harry potter addict, i am actually really embarrassed by that mistake lol