The Time-Traveling Fashionista by Bianca Truesky | Teen Ink

The Time-Traveling Fashionista by Bianca Truesky

May 3, 2011
By kingg296 BRONZE, Bedford, New York
kingg296 BRONZE, Bedford, New York
3 articles 1 photo 0 comments

The Time-Traveling Fashionista,
By Bianca Turesky, Little Brown and Company
Pp. 262, $12.23
ISBN 978-0-316-10542-2

What if your clothes could take you on a wild adventure? How would you feel if your closet was full of old fashions and vintage items? Louise Lambert’s exquisite passion for fashion brings her to places she never imagines. The Time-Traveling Fashionista, by Bianca Turesky, is an eventful book that will keep you eager to read.

Louise’s inventive and original style gives her a strong identity of her own. After receiving an invitation to The Traveling Fashionista Vintage Sale, Louise is expecting an ordinary store visit, though she is much surprised. After trying on a beautiful gown, Louise is staggered to find that she is no longer at the store, or in her own body. After realizing that this is really happening, Louise does not know what to think. She is in the life of a seventeen-year-old actress, on a boat in the year of 1912. How long will it be before people realize that Mrs. Baxter is not acting like herself? Will Louise be able to find a way home? With all the glamorous attractions in her new life, will she want to go home? Will she want to leave behind all the unique and wonderful relationships she has formed?

Turesky’s descriptive language captures the essence of fashion as well as the distinctive characters. She pulls in the reader with the history of fashion and vivid imagery. I learned about old designers and trends, as well the history of Britain. After reading it, all I want to do is buy vintage clothing. I can see and feel the textures and colors Turesky writes about. I would suggest this book to any person who has a love for clothing or yearn for thrill. I give The Time-Traveling Fashionista a five star review and feel that any girl would savor every moment of it.