Hoot (the book) by Carl Hiaasen | Teen Ink

Hoot (the book) by Carl Hiaasen

By Magner15 BRONZE, Saratoga Springs, New York
Magner15 BRONZE, Saratoga Springs, New York

For book review #5 I read Hoot written by Carl Hiaasen. The genre is Global Issues and the copyright date is 2002. (23)

I would recommend the book to other middle school students. The book is about a boy named Roy who is always bullied by the school bully Dana. One day, Roy sees a boy running next to the school bus and wonders who he his. This is the start of how Roy goes on his journey of finding out about who the running boy is. Roy also finds out about hat the running boy is doing to prevent Mother Paula’s All-American Pancake House from being built on top of the owls that live in the ground there. All in all, I would recommend this book to other middle school students.

There are many reasons for recommending this book. The main reason is that I think that other people would like the book. Some people would like it because this could actually happen in real life. Other people would like this for how they save the owls and that makes the book relate to the Global Issues of animal right. In the book the rights that protect the owls is a law that these owls are protected and can’t be built over. Another reason is that there is action like “when Roy tried to wriggle free, Dana mushed his face against the window.” (1) Finally, there were many reasons for recommending this book.

In conclusion, I would recommend the book Hoot to other middle school students. Some of the reasons for other students reading the book are the excitement and mysteries of Hoot.