Run, Boy, Run by Uri Orlev | Teen Ink

Run, Boy, Run by Uri Orlev

The book I read for my outside reading book is called Run, Boy, Run by Uri Orlev. The genre of the book is social issues and the copyright date is 2003.

Run, Boy, Run was not one of the best books I have read. Therefore I would not recommend this book to a different middle school student unless they would like to read about a boy trying to get the Polish side from Germany during World War 2 (1).
If you like reading about the Holocaust than this would be a good book to read about (3). If you do not than you would not like to read this book like me. This book was about a Jewish boy named Srulik. In the book Srulik is on the run to the polish countryside (1). I did not like it because you could predict what was going to happen next. There are many other books similar to this one in that they both have to do with the Holocaust. Another book that is similar to this one is Number the Stars. I would rather read a book about sports and Run, Boy, Run was nothing like any sports book I have ever read. When I was reading the book I was not excited to turn on to the next page like I am with some other books I have read in the past.
Run, Boy, Run was not a very good book. So in conclusion, I would not recommend this book to another middle school student.