Feed_ by M. T. Anderson | Teen Ink

Feed_ by M. T. Anderson

February 10, 2011
By LoganEKline BRONZE, Paw Paw, West Virginia
LoganEKline BRONZE, Paw Paw, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

This book is placed in the future around a world that is falling apart Sadly not enough people are smart enough to realize these scuttle changes. Only hundreds out of the billions comprehend this downfall. The title comes from a computer device called a feed. This is a Nano chip bought and paid for by the user. It is implanted in your brain. This gives you basic access to a PC neurologically. In this toiled world Business runs everything. In the book words like school and clouds are followed by a trade mark emblem. The world is slowly decaying from pollutants. The oceans aren't safe to swim in. To play on the beach you must wear a hazmat suit. The book itself is based around a boy and his life. It begins with him going on a break from school to the moon. There he meets a beautiful girl. During their stay they go to a club. Here is where the story started picking up. They get hacked, just like a computer. The feed is attached to all of your basic body systems causing your whole body to malfunction. The group is rushed to a hospital, and the hacker is beaten to death on the floor of the club. The boy and girl start dating in the hospital. In the book you will read about their struggles for love and life, as the girl learns that her feed never fully recovered. I give this book five out of five stars. I rate it PG-13 for strong language, violence and sexual situations.