Unwind by Neal Shusterman

Unwind tells the story of three teenagers who are running for their lives in a future US where the second Civil War was fought over abortion. The resulting compromise was that human life must be untouched from conception to age 13, but after the age of 13, a teenager can be "unwound." Unwinding a person means that each of their body parts is taken and given to another person. The question is, is the unwound person truly dead if their body parts live on in someone else?

Connor, Risa, and Lev are among the most realistic characters I've ever seen. They make mistakes, learn from their decisions, and actually change as a result of that. The book alternates from different points of view that give you a full perspective on the entire plot. Unwind also has hidden questions and morals buried deep within its storyline, ones that are prevalent in today's society. And thank goodness that for once, I found a book that's completely empty of any love triangle.

Shusterman weaves an astonishingly intricate tale of life, loyalty, and survival in this brilliant dystopian novel.