Slippery Slope by Lemony Snicket | Teen Ink

Slippery Slope by Lemony Snicket

January 18, 2011
By SarahDoody SILVER, Hunting Valley, Ohio
SarahDoody SILVER, Hunting Valley, Ohio
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The Slippery Slope is the tenth book in A Series of Unfortunate Events, and has created a new kind of teen and pre-teen novels. The book is filled with excitement and adventure, and it is able to adapt to many reader’s interests. The story also contains many hidden meanings to keep any age fascinated. Lemony Snicket, the author of the series, makes the books very easy to follow. The story provides a great feel of elation and triumph when the Baudelaire orphans, Violet, Sunny, and Klaus, once again defeat the evil Count Olaf and his troupe and prevent them from stealing the Baudelaire fortune.

Violet and Klaus Baudelaire receive help from another orphan, Quigley Quagmire, the third triplet of the Quagmire triplets, to foil Olaf’s scheme. Violet and Quigley together have to climb Mount Fraught twice in order to rescue Violet and Klaus’s sister, Sunny, from the clutches of Count Olaf. With the assistance of Quigley, Sunny is once again reunited with her siblings.

I would recommend this book to anyone who is willing to dive into a world of humor and twisted fate. The exhilarating read will keep you entertained from beginning to end. The novel’s mature outlook on adventures and the ties of siblings’ with each other will keep young adults reading this stirring series. I hope when young adults reads this book they appreciate how fortunate they are not to be attacked by swarming snow gnats or take a life-threatening toboggan ride down one very slippery slope.

The author's comments:
I wrote this awhile back in 7th grade. I love this series, and it was the series that I used to learn how to read. My mother began reading them to me, and by the end of the series I was reading them all by myself. =^)