Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days by Jeff Kinney

When was the last time a book made you laugh out loud? Well, this sure is the book to make you giggle. Selfish Greg Heffley is trying to make summer last by playing video games and staying inside. His mom would not tolerate this and decides to ground him from video games for the entire summer. He has been forced to read books, go to the public pool, and more unexciting things. Unfortunately, this is a life of torture, at least for Greg. As he struggles to survive his Mom’s idea of summer, Greg finds surprises around every bend. Many of his adventures are with his friend, Rowley. They even get into Greg’s brother’s belongings and find something that haunts them the rest of summer.

Jeff Kinney’s character, Greg, was hilarious the entire novel. It was funny when he was talking about Manny, Greg’s little brother, never being in the men’s bathroom before. Greg had to take him his first time. Finding Manny washing his hands in the urinal was not a pretty sight. The setting was intriguing. The book has a lot of relatable locations. For example, school, the public pool, and his friend’s house. It was comfortable for me because I could relate it to my own life. I felt excited throughout this book because it was a real page turner! The nonstop laughing wouldn’t let me put it down. I would recommend this to anybody who likes read a book that makes them laugh.

cocoloco said...
Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:13 am
I thought the book was hilarious, good summary!