Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

In Coldwater, Main in modern times, Nora Grey is a high school sophomore that already has had a tough life, and is going through a normal everyday teenage life until she is confronted with a new seating arrangement in biology, and has to sit next to the new kid. Not only that, but her best friend, Vee, has started hanging out with a couple guys Nora thinks are involved with a murder case. Nora is also being followed, and she thinks it may be the new kid, Patch. This young adult fiction is a great chilling, thrilling book.

Hush, Hush uses the theme of lies to show the reader that not everyone is trustworthy, and that some lies get you into very bad situations. “I won’t call!” Nora Grey called after Patch, “Not-ever!” This quote has to do a lot with the theme, because she lied, and if she hadn’t lied she probably wouldn’t have been in the mess she got herself into. Some things that the author does that any reader would like is ending a chapter with something that’ll make the reader want to continue reading, and how the author uses description to paint a picture in your mind, and make you feel emotions while reading the book.

Anyone would like this book especially readers who enjoy fast paced, and sometimes chilling books. Hush, Hush is quite a bit like Twilight by Stephanie Meyer also; because the plot of both books involve a guy that isn’t human falling in love with a girl, and someone wanting to kill her. This book is very interesting, and fast paced that’ll keep the reader on the edge of their seat, and wanting more, but also it’ll make the reader get chills, and become scared for the main character in some parts.