Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K.Rowling | Teen Ink

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K.Rowling

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince is the sixth book in the Harry Potter series by J.K Rowling. The entire series is about Harry Potter, his friends Ron Weasly and Hermoine Granger, and what goes on in their school, Hogwarts the school of witchcraft and wizardry. The series is situated in and around London, England. This is their sixth year at Hogwarts and needless to say they have a new batch of adventures. The title is called the half blood prince because in the used potions book that Harry has received there are many helpful hints and hexes written in by the half blood prince. In this book the headmaster of the school, Dumbledore, is giving Harry private lessons so that he can bring down his nemesis Lord Voldemort. These lessons are showing Harry what Voldemort’s past was. These lessons also show Harry what his weakness is. Voldemort has made Horcruxes. Horcruxes are inanimate objects that you can put a piece of your soul into so that you cannot die.

This book had a lot of suspense. The way that the entire series is written makes a more suspense than what the events in the book do. The details are an extremely important part of this series. Usually you can skip some of the details and the book will make sense but in this one if you skip then the book can be very confusing by one or two pages. The book is all about suspense and once you finish reading it you want to continue on to the next book within seconds and minutes of finishing this one. The only reason that the suspense doesn’t take over is that there are a few bits and pieces of humor scattered. The humor bits are few and far between but it’s just enough to make the book less dark and haunting.

I really enjoyed this book and think that many people will too. This book is a classic story that I never think will get old. If you read it though make sure to read the first books in the series before you read this one or it can be rather confusing. Thank you for reading my book review of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.