Blonde Ambition | Teen Ink

Blonde Ambition

November 15, 2010
By E.Petersen BRONZE, Earlham, Iowa
E.Petersen BRONZE, Earlham, Iowa
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

You Can’t Always Get What You Want
Wouldn’t it be nice to live in Hollywood in a big mansion and go to all the hottest parties around? That’s how it is for not-the-best-of-friends, Anna and Cammie in the book “Blonde Ambition” by Zoey Dean. Cammie Sheppard is the daughter of Clark Sheppard of Apex Agencies. Anna Percy is an intern for Clark at Apex for the new hit TV show Hermosa Beach. There’s one big problem standing in the way of Anna Percy. Cammie doesn’t share the attention of her dad, so she does everything she can to make Anna go away.

This story takes place in present day Hollywood. The filming of their new show Hermosa Beach is set in an old hotel building. It has an amazing view of the beach with palm trees all around. While the filming of this TV show is taking place, there is also a lot of drama going on. One minute Anna is with Adam. Then she wants to take a break. Then she is with Ben. Then he goes off to college. Then she meets Danny at Apex and gets really close with him. It’s hard to tell what is going to happen next. As for Cammie, she just found out that her step mom has a fourteen year old daughter, Mia, who is moving in with them. Not only is Mia invading Cammie’s space at home, but is also getting into some trouble elsewhere. Cammie is at this huge party with a friend and finds out that Mia is there. Cammie finds her laying on the ground, so totally high, with this twenty year old guy hitting on her. As much of a pain as Mia is, Cammie wasn’t going to let anything bad happen to her step sister.

This book is an A-List novel, so if you read that series you would probably like this book. It is full of teenage drama and has plenty of twists and turns as well. It is at first kind of slow moving, but once you are into it you can’t get out. I personally would look down upon Anna’s moving from guy to guy, but in this book it is an interesting part of the story line. I also like how the story mixes the drama with boyfriend-girlfriend, family, and work problems. That keeps it more interesting. Overall I would give this book 4 out of 5 stars. Like I said it took a while to get into it, but continued to catch my interest, which is what good books are about.