The Other Side of the Island by Allegra Goodman | Teen Ink

The Other Side of the Island by Allegra Goodman

October 13, 2010
By Anonymous

The Other Side of the Island













The Other Side of the Island by Allegra Goodman is an action-thrilling book. You feel like you’re walking in her shoes as you read and get to know her. Honor is the main character. She and her family just moved to an island where every little thing is monitored and government officials boss everyone around. They can control where you can go and where you can’t and if you can watch T.V. or read certain books. She faces many challenges during her time there. She finds ways to fit in, but they end up hurting her family because they are like outsiders on the island. Her parents never follow the rules and get in an enormous amount of trouble with the islands government. Honor has to do many things in order to survive and not let any one find out that she is living alone and that her parents are missing. Honor runs away in order to find her missing parents. If you want to find out more you should read this hart warming and action book. This Truman Award nominee is an awesome book to read for middle school kids because of all the action that happens with Honor and her family on this island of secrets. This is an amazing book to read and I hope that you think so as well.