Hacking Harvard by Robyn Wasserman This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

When I picked up this book at my local bookstore, I was immediately hooked and wanted to buy it. Considering I'm a picky reader, this was an awesome feeling.

It had everything I like. The hacking part was really good; it had action and skill and the secret mission aspects that go along with hacking. This all combined with the ultimate goal: winning a bet and getting one very unqualified high school senior into Harvard.

The other factor that makes this book so enjoyable is the characters. The four main characters are so well-written I felt as though I knew them. I like books like that. They each had their own personality, so you knew what to expect from each. One, Max, is pretty obnoxious, but the other three are likeable, so I didn't mind his obnoxiousness and it added to the reality of the story.

Obviously, since the book is called Hacking Harvard, one of my favorite parts was the hacking. I loved that they always knew what they were doing and when something went wrong, they knew what to do next. I also loved being shocked by the surprise ending.

I totally loved this book. It got me out of my non-reading phase. I think anyone who likes hacking or spy stories will enjoy it, especially since the characters are great and very relatable.

julian This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 19, 2011 at 10:58 am:
Ooh, I want to read this now! Wow, nice writing, I can see how it got in the magazine! Great job!

CarrieAnn13This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 12, 2011 at 6:15 pm:
Robin Wasserman is an excellent author.  I've read Skinned and Crashed.  Your review was excellent; maybe now I'll read Hacking Harvard.

Kbach said...
May 11, 2011 at 7:24 pm:
what is the surprised ending?!?!?!?