Hacking Harvard by Robyn Wasserman | Teen Ink

Hacking Harvard by Robyn Wasserman MAG

September 7, 2010
By Writer24 SILVER, Acton, Massachusetts
Writer24 SILVER, Acton, Massachusetts
5 articles 0 photos 41 comments

When I picked up this book at my local bookstore, I was immediately hooked and wanted to buy it. Considering I'm a picky reader, this was an awesome feeling.

It had everything I like. The hacking part was really good; it had action and skill and the secret mission aspects that go along with hacking. This all combined with the ultimate goal: winning a bet and getting one very unqualified high school senior into Harvard.

The other factor that makes this book so enjoyable is the characters. The four main characters are so well-written I felt as though I knew them. I like books like that. They each had their own personality, so you knew what to expect from each. One, Max, is pretty obnoxious, but the other three are likeable, so I didn't mind his obnoxiousness and it added to the reality of the story.

Obviously, since the book is called Hacking Harvard, one of my favorite parts was the hacking. I loved that they always knew what they were doing and when something went wrong, they knew what to do next. I also loved being shocked by the surprise ending.

I totally loved this book. It got me out of my non-reading phase. I think anyone who likes hacking or spy stories will enjoy it, especially since the characters are great and very relatable.


The author's comments:
I just finished it recently and loved it!