Hacking Harvard by Robyn Wasserman | Teen Ink

Hacking Harvard by Robyn Wasserman MAG

By Writer24 SILVER, Acton, Massachusetts
Writer24 SILVER, Acton, Massachusetts

When I picked up this book at my local bookstore, I was immediately hooked and wanted to buy it. Considering I'm a picky reader, this was an awesome feeling.

It had everything I like. The hacking part was really good; it had action and skill and the secret mission aspects that go along with hacking. This all combined with the ultimate goal: winning a bet and getting one very unqualified high school senior into Harvard.

The other factor that makes this book so enjoyable is the characters. The four main characters are so well-written I felt as though I knew them. I like books like that. They each had their own personality, so you knew what to expect from each. One, Max, is pretty obnoxious, but the other three are likeable, so I didn't mind his obnoxiousness and it added to the reality of the story.

Obviously, since the book is called Hacking Harvard, one of my favorite parts was the hacking. I loved that they always knew what they were doing and when something went wrong, they knew what to do next. I also loved being shocked by the surprise ending.

I totally loved this book. It got me out of my non-reading phase. I think anyone who likes hacking or spy stories will enjoy it, especially since the characters are great and very relatable.

I just finished it recently and loved it!

julian GOLD said...
on Jul. 19 2011 at 10:58 am
julian GOLD, Eugene, Oregon

The goal is not about living forever, the goal is about creating something that can.

Ooh, I want to read this now! Wow, nice writing, I can see how it got in the magazine! Great job!

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." --Douglas Adams

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." --Marcus Aurelius

Robin Wasserman is an excellent author.  I've read Skinned and Crashed.  Your review was excellent; maybe now I'll read Hacking Harvard.

Kbach said...
what is the surprised ending?!?!?!?