The Most Dangerous Game | Teen Ink

The Most Dangerous Game

By Quito BRONZE, Hinton, West Virginia
Quito BRONZE, Hinton, West Virginia

“The Most Dangerous Game,” by Richard Connell, is about a guy named Rainsford and his friend Whitney on their way to hunt in the Amazon. The conflict is that Rainsford gets trapped on an island with a general who likes to hunt humans. The general gives the people he hunts a hunting knife, some food, and a three hour head start before he hunts them. If they live past three days of being hunted then they can go home. The general, General Zaroff, has never lost the game before.
The conflict is resolved when Rainsford lasts all three days. He jumps off a cliff making Zaroff think that he is dead. When Zaroff goes home he begins getting ready for bed and then Rainsford comes from behind the curtains and kills Zaroff.
I believe that the author has done a good job of describing the conflict. He uses the conflict to make you connect to the character. It makes you hope that Rainsford's traps work and when they don't you wonder what he will do next.
The conflict is very relatable. The conflict of if animals feel when they are being hunted is a big issue today. The story puts a person in the shoes of the animal being hunted to make him think about how the animal feels.
I would recommend this story to anyone who likes a story that they can get into. Also to anyone who likes action or adventure stories. As well as anyone who wants to think about how being hunted would feel.

babyrex4 SILVER, Buffalo, New York

\"You may only be someone in the world, but to someone else, you may be the world.\"

Author Unknown

The Most Dangerous Game is a great short story. It is horrible how General Zaroff actually would kill his own kind, but the book does send a great message/theme about that, like what you mentioned. Great review, nice job!!