Graceling by Kristen Cashore This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Sometimes when an author squeezes a ton of different genres into one book, it turns into a complete mush, like when you combine a lot of pretty colors and end up with an icky brown. But then, sometimes it's like combining gorgeous colors to get a rainbow. That describes Graceling. I won't spill too much, because I want you to read the book and fully appreciate all the twists and turns, but I can tell you this: there's a bit of mystery, a bit of humor, a bit (okay, maybe more than a bit) of romance, some internal conflict, and a ton of action and fantasy. Plus an excellent story line.

Kristin Cashore puts it together beautifully. She makes the fantasy world real, the fictional protagonist your friend, and the evil antagonist your mortal enemy.

Every story has to strike a balance between awesome descriptions and too much detail. Explanations can leave you thinking I get it! Yeesh! or Whaaaaaaat? This book
strikes the balance perfectly. Amazing.

CrystalAngelDol said...
i hope this book is adapted into a movie, it will be way more brilliant then any of the twilight books, and btw im a twilight fan also so please dont accuse me of comparing this to twilight

Writer_Jordan said...
Read it, haven't started the second one though I have it. I kind of hated how the guy went blind at the end of the first one ):

CrystalAngelDol replied...
i know everyone did, i loved it and hated the ending at the same time, both of the books are absolutley brilliant

beautifulspiritThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 29, 2011 at 9:14 am
Loved this book! The series is awesome~

Kat4life said...
I LOVE THIS BOOK!! When i read about Katsa and Po i cried a little....But Fire is da bomb!!!! I liked it better by a little intsey bit, but that means i loved this one a lot!!!!! hope for more

CrystalAngelDol replied...
me too! i hope she writes more, both of them were beyond amazing

Dragonscribe said...
I loved this book! I wish it was in a series - I mean besides Fire, which I also read. Graceling was the better of the two, in my opinion.

DiamondsIntheGrass This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Yeah... I agree.  I think it's supposed to be a trilogy.  Teh next book should be coming out in the fall.

LifeInTechnicolour This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 13, 2011 at 10:31 am

I LOVE THIS BOOK WITH MY WHOLE ENTIRE SOUL. MY SOUUUUL. Lol sorry there, I just love this book soo much :P I just finished reading it, and I already miss Katsa and Po! Gotta say, their romance is one of the cutest I've read...mostly because it's not mushy or overkill; there's just enough to keep you wanting more! Overall, LOVED the book, and great review!! :)

P.S. I'm still true to HP...in truth, I just find these books so different that I can't really compare them :)

CoLdEsTNiGhTs said...
you make me want to read it! and im always looking for another good book. my favorite is 13 reasons why and harry potter soo ill have to check it out!

daisney replied...
Oct. 31, 2010 at 8:42 am
im a harry potter fan but graceling knocked harry out the ball park 

YEAAAAHHHHH! ha.

Gekkonidae said...
I loved this book too! Great review!

thanks ;) i'm actually thinking of doing a fan fiction combining both fire and graceling... but that still has a LONG way to go.

Emo.Chick said...
Sept. 7, 2010 at 12:08 am
I read the book 'Fire' I think it is set in the same world...

LifeInTechnicolour This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 13, 2011 at 10:29 am
Yeah, it is...it's in a neighbouring land. Fire is actually set 35 years before Graceling or something.

ClareBear07 said...
I agree completely with you, this book was the best fantasy book I have read! If you like this book then you sould read the spin-off, Fire It's very good.

Sept. 7, 2010 at 10:01 am
yeah, i did, and im thinking about doing aeview on that book too.

BaLd4EvEr said...
sounds good, il read it :)

TotallyCRAZY!! said...
Aug. 19, 2010 at 9:45 am
This book is so awesome and this review explains the book in a great way. Its totally woth the time to read. :)