Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbit | Teen Ink

Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbit

By LittleCompton BRONZE, Little Compton, Rhode Island
LittleCompton BRONZE, Little Compton, Rhode Island

Tuck Everlasting, by Natalie Babbitt is about a quiet little town of Treegap in the woods owned by the Foster’s. There is a small clearing with a small stream, a magical stream, one of wonders. Whiney is stuck inside a gate all day, and is never allowed out. Her mother and grandmother want to raise her as a “proper” child, with dresses, flowers piano lessons, and NO INTERACTION WITH OTHER KIDS!

One day she runs away, and finds the oasis, with a kid named Jesse Tuck. He is drinking water from a stream, and Whiney is thirsty. She asks for a drink and is denied. Whiney wants to go with Jessie, so he takes her. After a few days the parents got worried, and talked with the police. The police then talked to someone who saw someone on a horse with a child. And then the police men followed the trail, leading to the house of May, Miles, and Tucker Tuck.

When the policemen get there, May Tuck shoots the police officer, because he would find out the Tuck’s big secret…

This book isn’t bad, but it isn’t like I would read this over and over. It also needed to have more action, and could have explained the Tucks “special ability” more. If I was going to rate this book it would be a 4/10, because the book wasn’t super bad, but wasn’t the best.

I would recommend this book to people who like drama, and a mystery, but if not you wouldn’t really like this book.

lnvo97 GOLD said...
lnvo97 GOLD, Chicago, Illinois

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Matthew 5:44

although this book was very creative, i did not enjoy it. i mean it came in truth with the fountion of youth people centries ago were looking for but only put it in a different twist. if another path was chosen for the girl then that would be a whole different story altogether. but i enjoyed the review

Katrselyn said...
Katrselyn, Kankakee, Illinois
I love this book!!