Among the Hidden by Margaret Peterson Haddix

Among the Hidden was a book of mysteries with a whole series following it, but let me tell you about the beginning. I remember thinking, Oh, this is going to be a boring book. It’ll be back on the shelf in no time. Now I’m halfway done with the series.
The book is about a kid named Luke Garner. He lives in a world where it is illegal to have more than two children. Luke is a third child, so he has to stay in hiding or else he could be killed, and his family would have to be punished as well. There is also a reward if you can turn in an illegal child.
Margaret Peterson Haddix makes you wonder what will happen next. She pulls you in and gives you quite a couple of shocks along the way, giving you a great page-turner. She has written all the rest of the shadow children books, and several other novels.
If you want a book with cliffhangers, dangerous thoughts, and a real adventure, then this is the book for you. Once you start reading this science fiction, book you won’t put it down, and you’ll want to read the rest of the series as well.