Twilight by Stephenie Meyer MAG

By Katey Tilney, San Jose, CA

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view. It feels as though a movie is playing in your head. If you don’t feel that way, have no fear, the actual movie comes out November 21.

Twilight is such a magnificent book that it was a New York Times bestseller. Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?

The theme is love conquers all, even the supernatural. Nothing stands in the way of love for Edward and Bella. Or does it?

Meyer’s style of writing will have you wanting to believe that there are gorgeous vampires roaming our world and just hopefully there will be Edwards for all of the girls who have fallen in love with this fictional yet breathtaking character. Since the characters’ love is forbidden, it only makes it better. ­After all, forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.

on Sep. 3 2011 at 1:41 am
callie15 BRONZE, North Plains, Oregon

"I dreamed I was a butterfly, flitting around in the sky; then I awoke. Now I wonder: Am I a man who dreamt of being a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming that I am a man?"
-Chuang Tzu

"No man with a good car needs to be justified!"
-Wise Blood

Great review. And that's the important thing.

Jesus Freak said...
on Aug. 29 2011 at 7:37 pm
The series was ok at best. although im not a fan of the over done teen relationships, the romance was cute. and though i dont like blood and gore, i have to admit that cullens vs buffy would be amusing

on Aug. 26 2011 at 1:57 pm
VanyaWhite BRONZE, Pasadena, Texas

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didn’t understand the assignment.
I told them they didn’t understand life."
— John Lennon

Truthfully, when you're writing a vampire romance, why put the words:

'1st, Edward was a vampire.' on the back? Aren't readers supposed to be surprised at this information?

on Aug. 19 2011 at 12:44 pm
NinjaHummingbird, Manalapan, New Jersey

If we all fail, we fail together. XD

I love Harry Potter and totally agree with you.

on Aug. 19 2011 at 12:42 pm
NinjaHummingbird, Manalapan, New Jersey

If we all fail, we fail together. XD

A vampire as a beautiful god-like creature!? Vampires were created to be the complete opposite. It is an insult to even compare them to God. I do think that you are a very good writer but, Twilight was not a good book.

on Aug. 12 2011 at 5:46 pm
JezzaRae BRONZE, Atglen, Pennsylvania

"Guided by the Lonely Star,
Byond the utmost harbor-bar,
I'll find the heavens fair and free,
and beaches of the Starlit Sea."
- J.R.R Tolkien

I loved your review but the Twilight series wasn't that good. I feel like the book Twilight was very cliche and it gave vampires a bad rep. The movies were even worse then the books too. I cant stand Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart. No offense to anyone.

But I did read The Host and I thought it was so well written that I can't believe she was the same author as The Twilight Saga.

Sydkid842 said...
on Aug. 4 2011 at 10:01 pm
I loved the books, read them way too many times. Meyer's new take on vampires started a frenzy in the teen book world!

on Aug. 4 2011 at 8:11 pm
JeremyHerbert PLATINUM, Fairview Park, Ohio

Good review, but I just can't stand the books.  I'm all about avoiding stereotypes, but I think Meyer's "fresh" take on vampires went too far, so far it's almost damaging to the mythology of them.

I guess that pre-reading distaste just kept me out of it.

xSeeUx SILVER said...
on Aug. 4 2011 at 12:00 pm
xSeeUx SILVER, Ishpeming, Michigan

Just because your paranoid don't mean there not after you- Nirvana

in the book not the person who was writing the review

xSeeUx SILVER said...
on Aug. 4 2011 at 11:59 am
xSeeUx SILVER, Ishpeming, Michigan

she misspelled 7 words

xSeeUx SILVER said...
on Aug. 4 2011 at 11:57 am
xSeeUx SILVER, Ishpeming, Michigan

i love harry potter it teaches self worth, you can do any thing you want, and good vs. evil

twilight just teaches you it is important to have a boy friend

xSeeUx SILVER said...
on Aug. 4 2011 at 11:51 am
xSeeUx SILVER, Ishpeming, Michigan

okay i dont like twilight because it is an empty relationship i do not see why they like each other.

on Aug. 1 2011 at 11:26 am
NeverGrowUp BRONZE, Coolumbia, Maryland

Love is letting go of all that fear.

I loved your review! I feel the same way!

on Jul. 30 2011 at 1:16 pm
suhaunah713 BRONZE, Los Angeles, California

"Of course it's happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"

HAHAHA that's actually fantastic, lmfao. i love your friend :P

on Jul. 30 2011 at 10:06 am
writingrox BRONZE, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." (Albus Dumbledore)

My friend made up this letter to Edward that sums him up perfectly: "Dear Edward Cullen, you sparkle and sneak into girls' bedrooms while they sleep. How original. Signed, Peter Pan." XD

starAngel said...
on Jul. 25 2011 at 3:44 am
i loved your review! Great job! I totally love the Twilight Saga!! I love the way it puts a unique twist on vampires! They don't drink human blood.i loved all the books so much I couldn't put them down, couldn't get enough! I saw all the movies that came out so far and completly loved every single one! I cannot wait to see Breaking Dawn! I totally loved the trailor and kept playing it!

AlexisG BRONZE said...
on Jul. 20 2011 at 11:14 am
AlexisG BRONZE, Brideport, Texas
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Don't tell me sky's the limit when there are foot prints on the moon.

I never really liked the Twilight books. Meyer needs to spend some money to get a GOOD editor. There was numbers and misplaced letters in several words. Her Bella was the stereotype damsel-in-distress who only wanted what was worst for her. I didn't like the other books at all. I'd like to introduce the Cullens to Buffy.

Rubarb1213 said...
on Jul. 17 2011 at 6:15 pm
Oh my goodness!! i had the same thing happen to me!!!! i kept asking people "whos Carlisle?!" im glad im not the only one!!!

on Jul. 16 2011 at 4:28 pm
silvermist98 BRONZE, Wassic, New York

If you love something set it free and if it is meant to be it will return to you.

your review was well written. I loved the first and last book the best. The second book was okay though. The third I don't have an opinion on.

Aderes47 GOLD said...
on Jul. 11 2011 at 9:57 pm
Aderes47 GOLD, Cambridge, Massachusetts

You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.
Henry Drummond

Agreed! Try googling Twilight Sucks then press 100 Reasons why Twilight sucks.(I don't necessarily agree with the author but I find it hysterically funny. LOL! 

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!