Twilight by Stephenie Meyer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view. It feels as though a movie is playing in your head. If you don’t feel that way, have no fear, the actual movie comes out November 21.

Twilight is such a magnificent book that it was a New York Times bestseller. Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?

The theme is love conquers all, even the supernatural. Nothing stands in the way of love for Edward and Bella. Or does it?

Meyer’s style of writing will have you wanting to believe that there are gorgeous vampires roaming our world and just hopefully there will be Edwards for all of the girls who have fallen in love with this fictional yet breathtaking character. Since the characters’ love is forbidden, it only makes it better. ­After all, forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.

Stormtrooper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 3, 2009 at 7:36 am
Well, this series is obviously a great hit with many teenagers, and I hope this does not offend anyone, but my opinion is that Twilight was sexist and had very dull writing. The book showed Edward "swooping in to save the day" every time Bella was in trouble. The writing was all about "true love" and not about any other topics. Bella basically throws her whole life away to be with Edward.
remym This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
TOTALLY AGREE. FINALLY. People who think. Read mine? http ://teenink .com /opinion/all/article/149586/The-Case-Against-Twilight/
hbeats4u2 said...
The Twilight saga was and is defiantly my favorite books ever. The movies though need to be better. They left out alot of events. I hope you agree with me!
writer24/7/365 replied...
i agree completely! twilight is so much more than the movie was!
voiceofbraintwilight replied...
i agree totally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fairyfreak said...
I will accept that everyone has their own opinion, but personally I detest this series of books. They are poorly written and they do not have "Characters" they have "Caricatures" meaning that this book is cliched and not worth all the hype that people are feeding into it.
Katey91 replied...
Well I wrote this before most of the hype...The series was really good until it became like REALLY huge. now its just like "oh you are one of those twilighters" when in fact i read this when it was pretty much brand new
Hekate replied...
I agree, fairyfreak. young adults need something more that one dimensional characters and a plot line that centers on an abusive relationship. Steven King has expressed the opinion that stephanie meyer is a terrible writer, and I agree. What ever happened to Anne Rice? Laurell K. Hamilton? Bram Stoker? Elizabeth Kostova and Kim Harrison? What is the world (of fiction) coming to?
MiRawr replied...
I know what you mean, Katey91. It seems like whenever you mention twilight to anyone, they automatically judge you. it's become sort of a habit for most people to just make fun of twilight, especially my age, high school. now, whenever I tell people that I like Twilight, I have to actually show them how its not just another book, it's actually really good writing that can be admired if you just look at it from your own perspective and not be biased by other people's stated opinions.
I agree, fairyfreak. Here's some arguments you can use when you're confronted by Twilight lovers: http ://teenink .com /opinion/all/article/149586/The-Case-Against-Twilight/
Unhealthy said...
Sept. 21, 2009 at 10:50 am
after reading the twilight series, im beginning to find my"edward" in my boyfriend...its awesome...i love it and it's so relatable to everyday life.....
Real life? How many times do you come across vampires and werewolves who fall hopelessly in love with you for no apparent reason each day?
Leyra said...
I fell in love with this book when i read the second book thinking it was the first one. Then after that I got all of them and finished all of them in about a month. I re-read them and re-read them I just LOVE TWILIGHT!!! And now that it's on DVD I torture my sister with watching it everyday. Stephanie Meyer is an awesome Author. I LOVE HER!!!!
sunshine replied...
Dec. 5, 2009 at 11:35 am
i agree with you!!!!!!!! i love the Twilight series. i have to re-read the boks over and over again. And i also torture my sister with the DVD.
Carellyn T. said...
Jul. 18, 2009 at 4:23 am
man a lot of people have commented on this! i have read the books too but unlike most girls i'm not obsessed with Edward Cullen.( I like jacob more)loved the book though new moon made me mad though. Ps i do love Vampires the whole blood sucking thing!! nice job covered the book well.
hadadelmar42 said...
Jun. 28, 2009 at 2:16 am
i live in Puerto Rico and we loved to read the saga books Bella and Eduard are unique.
BritneyL said...
I am obsessed with this book and the rest in the series. Although I though that the last one was really different. A big event that seemed in the wrong place. I liked the turn still, but Bella? Wow!
Alma U. said...
The books are great especially because of how Meyer changed the way vampires are-i read this saga because my friends were all talking abou it and somepeople said they were really getting annoyed by it,they said it was a waste of time to read it while other friends said it was like really good-so i read it because i was curious of it-when i was little i used to love vampires but when i finished 3rd grade i dint anymore until i read twilight-i also fell in love with the wolves-bout the movie,it wa... (more »)
Mellisa said...
This is a really good book. I don't like to read but it was a eye catching book. The movie was awesome.
BellaLuna said...
I loved the series. it took the movie for me to even find out about it but i am proud 2 report i read the book before seeing the movie. have u heard abt the awine flu outbreak? well, now we need Carlisle to help us! lol. well, i loved the book and this was a great review cnt wait 4 new moon! its like a feast for out eyes.....
ghostgirl1994 said...
Apr. 24, 2009 at 12:07 am
To start off: you did a good review. And I agree that there are several reasons this series is so popular. For one thing, it has massive emotional appeal. The thought of someone inherently bad being good is attractive to many. Throw in the fact that he's gorgeous and oh so innocent, and you've got yourself a bestseller. However, I think it's important that we remember that the forbidden fruit only tastes the best at first. Bella will have to watch her friends and family die.
All ... (more »)