Twilight by Stephenie Meyer MAG

By Katey Tilney, San Jose, CA

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view. It feels as though a movie is playing in your head. If you don’t feel that way, have no fear, the actual movie comes out November 21.

Twilight is such a magnificent book that it was a New York Times bestseller. Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?

The theme is love conquers all, even the supernatural. Nothing stands in the way of love for Edward and Bella. Or does it?

Meyer’s style of writing will have you wanting to believe that there are gorgeous vampires roaming our world and just hopefully there will be Edwards for all of the girls who have fallen in love with this fictional yet breathtaking character. Since the characters’ love is forbidden, it only makes it better. ­After all, forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.

on Nov. 9 2009 at 10:07 am
beautifultears BRONZE, Worcester, Massachusetts

live. laugh. love.

i love how you told the book in only a short amount of space. i hope to the every girl finds her Edward. i have found mine that is why Twilight is like a bible to me. i live by the Twilight saga. it is one of the best sequals that there is out there. if you like twilight i would also suggest that you read the book tantalize by Cynthia Smith. that is another great book about vampires and how beautiful but deadly they can be.

on Nov. 7 2009 at 7:48 am
you did a great gob. Keep it up

dnob said...
on Nov. 6 2009 at 12:13 pm
very very good.

krazy money said...
on Nov. 5 2009 at 2:17 pm
he's a rich kid that lives in arkansas next to dorthy

on Nov. 5 2009 at 2:16 pm
I have heard that the book is very dull and very important.

donkeykong32 said...
on Nov. 5 2009 at 2:16 pm
Who is Talvin He sounds kool and I dislike this book

on Nov. 5 2009 at 2:12 pm
I really dislike this book and I think it is boring

wood yanker said...
on Nov. 5 2009 at 2:10 pm
hi guys i love this book cause im am gay

Stormtrooper said...
on Nov. 5 2009 at 12:53 pm
I think he/she meant not too orinal

on Nov. 5 2009 at 11:05 am
Yes he is he is gorgous dont hate cuz he is gorgous

on Nov. 5 2009 at 11:03 am
I knoww he is gorgous and i love him dont hate bcuz he is gorgous

bbbb said...
on Nov. 5 2009 at 11:03 am
i think he iss

ccvxc said...
on Nov. 5 2009 at 11:02 am
mee tooooooo

ILY TALVIN said...
on Nov. 5 2009 at 10:59 am
I LOVE TALVIN HE IS SOOOOO VERY HOTTTT

on Nov. 4 2009 at 10:49 pm
Writedancelove&live GOLD, Redding, California

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
"Karen: If you're from Africa why are you white? Gretchen: Omg Karen, you can't just ask people why they're white."

It bothers you that it's 'too original'? Isn't originality a good thing?

on Nov. 4 2009 at 5:59 pm
4everluvjc BRONZE, Plantation, Florida

nothing is impossible with God! Try him and you'll see :)

I have to confess: I totally did not like that movie. It was stark of emotion, totally. And then all they did was just stare, no dialogue. It was just wierd. And then she treated those who were friendly to her like they were losers. <br />
"Hey you loser, what again?" Like, come on!<br />
And then it's just like she has no mind of her own.

Locked27 said...
on Nov. 3 2009 at 6:48 pm
I couldn't agree more with you. I thought Twilight was too original and had very dull writing. There was no conflict until the very ending, and Stephanie Meyer does that in all of her books. She delays a conflict until the very ending, which bothers me very much

MiRawr BRONZE said...
on Nov. 3 2009 at 3:40 pm
MiRawr BRONZE, Bloomington, Indiana
1 article 1 photo 7 comments
I know what you mean, Katey91. It seems like whenever you mention twilight to anyone, they automatically judge you. it's become sort of a habit for most people to just make fun of twilight, especially my age, high school. now, whenever I tell people that I like Twilight, I have to actually show them how its not just another book, it's actually really good writing that can be admired if you just look at it from your own perspective and not be biased by other people's stated opinions.

Kavishg BRONZE said...
on Nov. 3 2009 at 7:36 am
Kavishg BRONZE, Newton, Massachusetts
Well, this series is obviously a great hit with many teenagers, and I hope this does not offend anyone, but my opinion is that Twilight was sexist and had very dull writing. The book showed Edward "swooping in to save the day" every time Bella was in trouble. The writing was all about "true love" and not about any other topics. Bella basically throws her whole life away to be with Edward.

on Oct. 13 2009 at 9:01 pm
wordweaver96 PLATINUM, Winchester, Kentucky

" It is not our abilities but our choices that show who we truly are. "
Albus Dumbledore

See, we really DON'T have anything to fear but fear itself!

i agree completely! twilight is so much more than the movie was!

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!