Twilight by Stephenie Meyer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view. It feels as though a movie is playing in your head. If you don’t feel that way, have no fear, the actual movie comes out November 21.

Twilight is such a magnificent book that it was a New York Times bestseller. Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?

The theme is love conquers all, even the supernatural. Nothing stands in the way of love for Edward and Bella. Or does it?

Meyer’s style of writing will have you wanting to believe that there are gorgeous vampires roaming our world and just hopefully there will be Edwards for all of the girls who have fallen in love with this fictional yet breathtaking character. Since the characters’ love is forbidden, it only makes it better. ­After all, forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.

Unhealthy said...
Sept. 21, 2009 at 10:50 am:
after reading the twilight series, im beginning to find my"edward" in my boyfriend...its awesome...i love it and it's so relatable to everyday life.....

remym This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 17, 2009 at 5:00 pm :
Real life? How many times do you come across vampires and werewolves who fall hopelessly in love with you for no apparent reason each day?

Leyra said...
I fell in love with this book when i read the second book thinking it was the first one. Then after that I got all of them and finished all of them in about a month. I re-read them and re-read them I just LOVE TWILIGHT!!! And now that it's on DVD I torture my sister with watching it everyday. Stephanie Meyer is an awesome Author. I LOVE HER!!!!

sunshine replied...
Dec. 5, 2009 at 11:35 am :
i agree with you!!!!!!!! i love the Twilight series. i have to re-read the boks over and over again. And i also torture my sister with the DVD.

Carellyn T. said...
Jul. 18, 2009 at 4:23 am:
man a lot of people have commented on this! i have read the books too but unlike most girls i'm not obsessed with Edward Cullen.( I like jacob more)loved the book though new moon made me mad though. Ps i do love Vampires the whole blood sucking thing!! nice job covered the book well.

hadadelmar42 said...
Jun. 28, 2009 at 2:16 am:
i live in Puerto Rico and we loved to read the saga books Bella and Eduard are unique.

BritneyL said...
Jun. 18, 2009 at 1:39 pm:
I am obsessed with this book and the rest in the series. Although I though that the last one was really different. A big event that seemed in the wrong place. I liked the turn still, but Bella? Wow!

Alma U. said...
Jun. 7, 2009 at 6:38 pm:
The books are great especially because of how Meyer changed the way vampires are-i read this saga because my friends were all talking abou it and somepeople said they were really getting annoyed by it,they said it was a waste of time to read it while other friends said it was like really good-so i read it because i was curious of it-when i was little i used to love vampires but when i finished 3rd grade i dint anymore until i read twilight-i also fell in love with the wolves-bout the movie,it wa... (more »)

Mellisa said...
May 18, 2009 at 6:55 pm:
This is a really good book. I don't like to read but it was a eye catching book. The movie was awesome.

BellaLuna said...
I loved the series. it took the movie for me to even find out about it but i am proud 2 report i read the book before seeing the movie. have u heard abt the awine flu outbreak? well, now we need Carlisle to help us! lol. well, i loved the book and this was a great review cnt wait 4 new moon! its like a feast for out eyes.....

ghostgirl1994 said...
Apr. 24, 2009 at 12:07 am:
To start off: you did a good review. And I agree that there are several reasons this series is so popular. For one thing, it has massive emotional appeal. The thought of someone inherently bad being good is attractive to many. Throw in the fact that he's gorgeous and oh so innocent, and you've got yourself a bestseller. However, I think it's important that we remember that the forbidden fruit only tastes the best at first. Bella will have to watch her friends and family die.
All ... (more »)

willmadicfit said...
i hate to read but the movie was ok

taylor price said...
omg i love edward he's so hot i wish i cld marry him!!!

fefe Brooks said...
The Twilight saga was some of the best books i have ever read! I am obsessed! I cant wait for New Moon To come out In november of 2009. I am a big supporter! Stephenie Meyer is a great Author! I would love to see more series from her! ILY Edward Cullun!!!!!

Codaa said...
Never read the book, But the movie was Ahmazing (:

rednec said...
well,this book is barfar
A-MAY-ZINGGG!! i never liked vampires or the whole thought of liking them until...TWILIGHT♥ ilovethisbooookkk!!!!

CriticalReview said...
Mar. 29, 2009 at 5:00 am:
I understand where that people like these books, but this isn't much of a review. It's more like a teen rant about their unadulterated love for the series. I'd like to see some actual critique. Also, Twilight is anything but well written. I think that as a reviewer, you aren't doing justice to your readers by giving them the information you did.

Katey91 replied...
Sept. 21, 2009 at 10:59 pm :
This review was meant as my own opinion! Hence it is called a review. Its suppose to get people to want to read the books, not to "warn them". if i loved it, i'm obviously not going to say anything bad about it

Descant This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 22, 2009 at 12:03 pm:
"Who wouldnt want to have a beautiful vampire as a boyfriend?" does not make a great book. It makes a fluffy wish-fulfillment book. Which is fine, if the writer is not an insult to the English language. I like purple prose -- done well. This is not.

Allaboutlyf said...
Mar. 18, 2009 at 1:26 am:
wow! great review! couldn't have said it better myslf! I'm totally in love w/ the whole series! *sigh* Edward Cullen...