Twilight by Stephenie Meyer | Teen Ink

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer MAG

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view. It feels as though a movie is playing in your head. If you don’t feel that way, have no fear, the actual movie comes out November 21.

Twilight is such a magnificent book that it was a New York Times bestseller. Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?

The theme is love conquers all, even the supernatural. Nothing stands in the way of love for Edward and Bella. Or does it?

Meyer’s style of writing will have you wanting to believe that there are gorgeous vampires roaming our world and just hopefully there will be Edwards for all of the girls who have fallen in love with this fictional yet breathtaking character. Since the characters’ love is forbidden, it only makes it better. ­After all, forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.

willmadicfit said...
i hate to read but the movie was ok

taylor price said...
omg i love edward he's so hot i wish i cld marry him!!!

fefe Brooks said...
The Twilight saga was some of the best books i have ever read! I am obsessed! I cant wait for New Moon To come out In november of 2009. I am a big supporter! Stephenie Meyer is a great Author! I would love to see more series from her! ILY Edward Cullun!!!!!

Codaa said...
Never read the book, But the movie was Ahmazing (:

rednec said...
well,this book is barfar

A-MAY-ZINGGG!! i never liked vampires or the whole thought of liking them until...TWILIGHT♥ ilovethisbooookkk!!!!

on Mar. 29 2009 at 5:00 am
I understand where that people like these books, but this isn't much of a review. It's more like a teen rant about their unadulterated love for the series. I'd like to see some actual critique. Also, Twilight is anything but well written. I think that as a reviewer, you aren't doing justice to your readers by giving them the information you did.

Descant GOLD said...
Descant GOLD, Huntington Beach, California

"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened" –Albert Camus

"Who wouldnt want to have a beautiful vampire as a boyfriend?" does not make a great book. It makes a fluffy wish-fulfillment book. Which is fine, if the writer is not an insult to the English language. I like purple prose – done well. This is not.

on Mar. 18 2009 at 1:26 am
Allaboutlyf BRONZE, Hollis, New York
wow! great review! couldn't have said it better myslf! I'm totally in love w/ the whole series! *sigh* Edward Cullen...

britt2009 said...
ohhmygodd. i loved this book. it was amazing. i never could put it down.

AbbieLeigh GOLD, Keosauqua, Iowa
I love this book!!!!!!!!

pretty9 said...
I love these story so much

on Mar. 7 2009 at 3:54 am
First: good review. It was well written.

Second: everyone, don't diss people because of their views. everyone is arguing when it should be more debating.

Third: I read Twilight. I read it BEFORE it because popular. I like the IDEA. It's interesting to have a new take on vampires. I didn't like Stephanie Meyer's writing style. Her descriptions are dry and there are many mistakes. It took so much away from a book that otherwise might've been good. She did much better with The Host though still not the best.

edwardtem13 said...
Okay, i have to admit at first i was so against the twilight saga ONLY because of how popular it was. I like to be different and not act like everyone else. so i completely just blew off twilight. And i thought Edward was the worst thing ever to happen to the world. But then my cousin (who was reading the book) kept bugging me to read the dang book. she kept telling me i would like it because of the fact it was about vampires. so i caved and read it. turned out i LOVE the book.i think i am the biggest Edward fan ever. He is all over my room, locker, everywhere i swear. so i found out that just because everyone is doing something not to cross it off if you think you may like it. did i mention i was going to read it in 4th grade. but i didn't. i was the first one of all my friends to hear off it and i was the last one to read it.

Bekka BRONZE said...
Bekka BRONZE, Cave Junction, Oregon
This book was completely disgusting. It was horrible. The fact that so many people are in love with this series makes me lose hope in humanity.

a_bunch_of_nuns, Unknown, Wisconsin
I thought this book needed a LOT of work when I first read it. I didn't like it at all. I actually gave up on about the first few chapters and read the end. (which I daresay--didn't like.) sorry...it twas to sterotypical.

AHHHHHH I LOVE THIS BOOK ...... ITS SO COOL :) GO TEAM EDWARD

Twilight is amazing! Thank you for that well written review.

jessrbuck said...
on Feb. 6 2009 at 7:04 am
Twilight is truly a amazing book, its far from just a story about vampires. I read this book in 3 days, I could not put it down. I suggest this book to anyone who wants to read.

shamatey737 said...
Twilight is amazing. And I assume that the people who are making the negative comments have either read the book or clicked to read the review and to leave a bad comment, which I find as shallow as you seem to find Twilight.

The Twilight saga is all about making people dream. Vampires don't exist and we know it but now we wish they did because of someone's beautiful imagination. And if Stephanie Meyer wishes to make people dream and be happy then it proves that she is a great author. And if you read Twilight and can't dream, then I'm sorry but that's your problem, and I'd deal with it if I were you.

And as to the people who express their opinions in argumenative ways, take a majorific chill pill and accept we're not all the same.

izey said...
I loved Twilight!! When i started reading it i could'nt stop! i just kept going and going until i was done! I read all 4 books in less than 1 month