Twilight by Stephenie Meyer This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view. It feels as though a movie is playing in your head. If you don’t feel that way, have no fear, the actual movie comes out November 21.

Twilight is such a magnificent book that it was a New York Times bestseller. Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?

The theme is love conquers all, even the supernatural. Nothing stands in the way of love for Edward and Bella. Or does it?

Meyer’s style of writing will have you wanting to believe that there are gorgeous vampires roaming our world and just hopefully there will be Edwards for all of the girls who have fallen in love with this fictional yet breathtaking character. Since the characters’ love is forbidden, it only makes it better. ­After all, forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.

Princess-Maple said...
May 16, 2012 at 6:15 pm:
I read these books and no offense to those twilight lovers, but it was awful. The themes were for middle schoolers, but I could've understood it in first grade. Yes, it was a good idea, but it wasn't original. A traditional love triangle, with a little paranormality added into it. I wrote an alternate ending to twilight in the same style Stephanie Meyer did, and I'm waiting for it to be posted on TI and I'm in seventh grade so if I can write as good as she can, thats a problem.

KatsK This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
"Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?" Mary Shelley (Frankenstein the Modern Prometheus), and 150 years earlier, as a matter of fact. It's not really a new idea.

saryachan This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 9, 2012 at 1:24 am :

Preach. 

FULLSTOP said...
Apr. 24, 2012 at 7:48 am:
twilight/ harry potter/ the vampire diaries are all on equal scales of awesomeness

J-Nav said...
Apr. 2, 2012 at 1:19 am:

hey! i love the way you have properly analyzed the book to give a such a good review but on the other hand i dont think it is applicable for the twilight saga because i had to force myself through the all the books.

god`sgirl said...
Mar. 28, 2012 at 1:45 pm:
this is the best book ever the whole series is i luv were-wolfs .....go team jacob

Ghrenqi replied...
Apr. 2, 2012 at 6:48 pm :
But wait until you actually meet a real werewolf. You'll see how they truly are.

anastasiag This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 23, 2012 at 10:28 pm:
I couldn't agree with you more! This review is better than the book itself.

JennaratorThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 18, 2012 at 10:09 pm:
Your reveiw was well written, however I disagree with your point of veiw. Twilight was an awful series, and I don't see what the big deal about it was. But, the way you wrote your reveiw almost made me side with you....almost.

ElkieLion This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 13, 2012 at 9:43 pm:
I loved that book :)

Smarticals101 said...
Feb. 11, 2012 at 7:14 pm:
I thought it was an awesome book, and I am actually reading the fourth one now.

lover12345 said...
Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:19 am:
i kinda feel that exact way . Bella acted like a crazed stalker thru the whole series .

lover12345 said...
Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:18 am:
i never liked twilight , but i loved all the other books . now i know your wondern how can you not like the first book & like all the rest well breaking dawn & new moon & eclipse wer all about action , love and everything i like twilight had none of those things .

bigsmile123 said...
I thought that the book was FANTABULOUS! I love Edward... and VAMPIRES! I WISH I WAS ONE! :/

lover12345 replied...
Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:22 am :
no you dont . Did you see there struggle . i love werwolves ( spellcheck)

Bookworm1997 said...
When I read Twilight, I felt like I had to force myself through it because everyone else loved it. This was not the case. Twilight is a poor imitation of many preceding blockbuster YA series. I have always been turned off by Bella's pathetic need for Edward. The review was an exemplary example of reviews even if I disagree with it.

DreamChaser28 replied...
Feb. 15, 2012 at 8:07 pm :
Haha, I feel the same way. I read the first three books all because everyone else loved them and I felt I had to love them too. Nice review, though.

Ghrenqi replied...
Apr. 2, 2012 at 6:51 pm :
I didn't have to read twilight to know that it was a bad book. It took so much content from Harry Potter.

WintersRevenge said...
Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:42 am:
Nicely written review, but I hate this book. I got four chapters in before I had to put the book down. It was just SO BAD.

WintersRevenge replied...
Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:52 am :
Oh, and Robert Pattinson himself said that the only role he ever really enjoyed playing was Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter. You know it's bad when the actor who plays the main character doesn't even like it.