Twilight by Stephenie Meyer | Teen Ink

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer MAG

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view. It feels as though a movie is playing in your head. If you don’t feel that way, have no fear, the actual movie comes out November 21.

Twilight is such a magnificent book that it was a New York Times bestseller. Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?

The theme is love conquers all, even the supernatural. Nothing stands in the way of love for Edward and Bella. Or does it?

Meyer’s style of writing will have you wanting to believe that there are gorgeous vampires roaming our world and just hopefully there will be Edwards for all of the girls who have fallen in love with this fictional yet breathtaking character. Since the characters’ love is forbidden, it only makes it better. ­After all, forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.

xSeeUx SILVER said...
on Aug. 4 2011 at 11:51 am
xSeeUx SILVER, Ishpeming, Michigan

Just because your paranoid don't mean there not after you- Nirvana

okay i dont like twilight because it is an empty relationship i do not see why they like each other.

on Aug. 1 2011 at 11:26 am
NeverGrowUp BRONZE, Coolumbia, Maryland

Love is letting go of all that fear.

I loved your review! I feel the same way!

suhaunah713 BRONZE, Los Angeles, California

"Of course it's happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"

HAHAHA that's actually fantastic, lmfao. i love your friend :P

on Jul. 30 2011 at 10:06 am
writingrox BRONZE, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." (Albus Dumbledore)

My friend made up this letter to Edward that sums him up perfectly: "Dear Edward Cullen, you sparkle and sneak into girls' bedrooms while they sleep. How original. Signed, Peter Pan." XD

starAngel said...
on Jul. 25 2011 at 3:44 am
i loved your review! Great job! I totally love the Twilight Saga!! I love the way it puts a unique twist on vampires! They don't drink human blood.i loved all the books so much I couldn't put them down, couldn't get enough! I saw all the movies that came out so far and completly loved every single one! I cannot wait to see Breaking Dawn! I totally loved the trailor and kept playing it!

AlexisG BRONZE said...
on Jul. 20 2011 at 11:14 am
AlexisG BRONZE, Brideport, Texas
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Don't tell me sky's the limit when there are foot prints on the moon.

I never really liked the Twilight books. Meyer needs to spend some money to get a GOOD editor. There was numbers and misplaced letters in several words. Her Bella was the stereotype damsel-in-distress who only wanted what was worst for her. I didn't like the other books at all. I'd like to introduce the Cullens to Buffy.

Rubarb1213 said...
Oh my goodness!! i had the same thing happen to me!!!! i kept asking people "whos Carlisle?!" im glad im not the only one!!!

silvermist98 BRONZE, Wassic, New York

If you love something set it free and if it is meant to be it will return to you.

your review was well written. I loved the first and last book the best. The second book was okay though. The third I don't have an opinion on.

Aderes47 GOLD said...
Aderes47 GOLD, Cambridge, Massachusetts

You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.
Henry Drummond

Agreed! Try googling Twilight Sucks then press 100 Reasons why Twilight sucks.(I don't necessarily agree with the author but I find it hysterically funny. LOL! 

Musicfeedsthesoul07 PLATINUM, Naperville, Illinois

"Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one. " - Bill Gates

I know right! I see people wearing them and I'm like, "Are you seriously wearing that in public?" XD

Autumn said...
 I love those "I Heart Boys Who Sparkle" shirts. So stupid... lol.

Autumn said...
I agree. I liekd it before it was famous. Then I realized it's kind of dumb. But not horrible.

Autumn said...
Completely true. I can't bring myself to even contemplate reading another vampire book. They're all exactly the same to me.

HaleyStar GOLD said...
HaleyStar GOLD, Mattoon, Illinois

"The dog? You are named after a dog?"
"I had a lot of fond memories of that Dog."~Indiana Jones~

"Can you knot?"
"I cannot."
"You can knot?"
"I cannot knot." ~Winnie the Pooh movie~

I love all of Stephinie Meyes books, including host. I thinktheir an interesting twist on vampires. The funny thing is, I misunderstood Carlisle's name, I kept reading it Carslie so whenever someone says Carlisle, I'm like "who?"

Kell_Bell13 BRONZE, Belton, Missouri

"Live your life, breathe the air. Everyones doing it."

GREAT Review! Stephenie Meyer did a GREAT job on all the twilight books, and The first one (Twilight) was my favorite! It really does seem like the movie is playing in your head.

Halcyon said...
BTW: Go Team Jacob!!!!!!

Halcyon said...
I agree with you about New Moon. Too much of the novel is spent with Bella wallowing in depression.

Halcyon said...
The Twilight Saga was okay, but I don't get why people obsess over it. However, it seems to have sparked many other vampires-are-great books to the point of which most mortal beings will tend to run from the room, screaming,"GAAAHHH! Not another vampire book!"

silver syl said...
on Jul. 2 2011 at 9:04 am
<3 <3
just love the book

on Jul. 1 2011 at 8:00 am
EspumosoNayade BRONZE, Kanpur, Other
Stephenie's done a commendable job! I love all parts of THE TWILIGHT SAGA... Its so realistic, for a while you tend to forget your surroundings and live in the world of Bella Swan and the vampires and werewolves! Awesome storyline! Nice review! I'm loving it!!