Twilight by Stephenie Meyer | Teen Ink

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer MAG

I was never in love with vampires until Twilight came out. I didn’t know it was possible, but Stephenie Meyer changed the stereotypical blood-sucking vampire into a beautiful god-like creature.

In Twilight, an average high school girl, Bella Swan, falls in love with one of the most beautiful boys at her new school, Edward, who happens to be a vampire. What does one call a stunning, mysterious vampire and his stunning, mysterious vampire family? I believe “The Cullens” would suffice.

The author’s style and characters will glue your hands to the book and your eyes to the page. In no time, the book is over. But don’t worry – there are three sequels: New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

Twilight is well written from Bella’s point of view. It feels as though a movie is playing in your head. If you don’t feel that way, have no fear, the actual movie comes out November 21.

Twilight is such a magnificent book that it was a New York Times bestseller. Who would have thought that the idea for such an astonishing book could come from a dream the author had?

The theme is love conquers all, even the supernatural. Nothing stands in the way of love for Edward and Bella. Or does it?

Meyer’s style of writing will have you wanting to believe that there are gorgeous vampires roaming our world and just hopefully there will be Edwards for all of the girls who have fallen in love with this fictional yet breathtaking character. Since the characters’ love is forbidden, it only makes it better. ­After all, forbidden fruit tastes the sweetest.

Amanda said...
I totally <3 this book!!!!!!

on Jun. 26 2011 at 1:28 am
Blackmirror SILVER, Charlotte, North Carolina

Some quotes I really like:

"Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies." -Aristotle
"Every man dies. Not every man really lives." -William Wallace
"Sanity is madness put to good use." -George Santayana

I loved your review! It was nice! :) I myself don't like the Twilight series at all and regret buying the books instead of borrowing the from someone, but that's just me... :D I thought your review was very well written, though. :)

DreamingOurWorld GOLD, Irvine, California
I liked the article. However, Twilight was horrible! I couldn't read through half the book! Most of it is just descriptions upon descriptions of Edward. But your article was still great =).

on Jun. 21 2011 at 12:17 am
EnochDreams GOLD, Simi Valley, California

Hence poetry is something more philosophic and of graver importance than history, since its statements are rather of the nature of universals, whereas those of history are singulars. - Aristotle

‎"I think the biggest thing that my failures have taught me is that you can't succeed without failing"

-Rick Riordan

Great book, wonderful detail. The 2nd in the series titled New Moon was boring but the rest were very easy entertaining reads! The chicks might like them more.

Jonak4ever said...
There was no stereotype about vampires doing that stuff, thats what they are according to the author that wrote the dracula novels

shadow4ever said...
I started reading this book but then i didn't like it. i kept reading but then i fell asleep.

person said...
I started to reed this book, but I didn't like it because. It was to sappy

oh my gosh. i love the twilight siereis! Stephanie Meyer makes them seem like so more than just blood sucking monsters like dracula or somthing!

9718350526 said...
on Jun. 6 2011 at 6:13 am

its a very nice story according to me.

ull find it like ur real life.firstly u ll find it boring but when as u start it will suck u in

Lynnies said...
Lynnies, Corvallis, Oregon

be yourself, everyone else is taken.

I really enjoyed twilight. But eclispe absolutely frustrated me. I mean jacob did ! He changed so much in the books it stunned me. Arghh, but other than that I really loved the books :)

Musicfeedsthesoul07 PLATINUM, Naperville, Illinois

"Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one. " - Bill Gates

My friend used to be obsessed with Twilight...

Last year I let her borrow my copy of Dracula and all the seasons of Buffy and she never went back to Edward :)

Lolz! I agree both it would be more like:

Review: 4 stars

Book: -4 stars

I care about vampires, just not sparkly ones...

In my opinion, Buffy should've staked Edward a while ago...DRACULA FTW!!! 

Real vampires (and real men for that matter...) DON'T sparkle. 

gigglesalot said...
on Jun. 5 2011 at 7:13 am
i am a bit of a fan 'n' all, but seriouly its just a book, there are so many people freakin' out ova the series, i think they are wasting their time!

lollies said...
on Jun. 5 2011 at 7:07 am
i think you should read the rest of the books before you make an opinion on how Stephanie should have stuck with twilght, i stopped at chapter 3-4 when i read newmoon to, but i eventually started reading it to the end and it was alright, but newmoon is te worst book out of all 4, but i encourage you to read them all, newmoon does get beter as you go along it just a bit boring half way through.:)

lollies said...
on Jun. 5 2011 at 6:58 am
i care about vampires!!!! and the review is really good. :)

rrrrh! said...
on Jun. 5 2011 at 6:53 am
Steph is a excelent writter, obviously her style of writting is not of your liking, but that doesnt mean you have to put her down.

Ashley1995 said...
on Jun. 1 2011 at 10:04 am
Ashley1995, Plymouth, Other
I love the twilight saga and too have all the books and films... I hope they stay close to the story line in Breaking Dawn especially as they are splitting it into two films so hopefully they wont miss out the important parts. I loved the boks and cant wait to watch breaking dawn!!

wasauskyx BRONZE, New Haven, Connecticut

I am not afraid to speak my mind. I am honest, but when I do speak my mind, I get ignored.
~me!

I've read all the books in the series and got all the movies too. I hope that when Breaking Dawn comes out is as good as the book and that it doesn't skip many of the good parts :)

on May. 3 2011 at 4:03 am
PianoGirl43 BRONZE, Arvada, Colorado
i agree with you that twilight was a great book series one of the best in my opion but personally i still dont really enjoy vampire books most are kinda boring and twilight was so fun to read it got my hopes u then my hope fell when i saw many authers still stuck to the old rutine