flowers for algernon

The title of the story is “Flowers for Algernon”. The author is Daniel Keyes. The setting of the story is in a small town in New York. The story takes place in 1965. The places that are in the story are a classroom, lab, his home, and a factor.

The main character of the story is Charlie Gordon. The doctors who are treating him are Dr. Nemur and Dr. Strauss. His teacher is Ms. Kinnian. His friends are Joe Carp and Frank Reilly.

Charlie isn’t as smart as the normal person. He can’t spell that go or read. He is taking class to help him. He is also being treated on by doctors. They have treaded on mice before they treat on him.

He takes an operation to help him become smarter. Before the operation he had to listen to tapes when he was sleeping. The mice they treat improve greatly, and Charlie hopes he does the same. The operation takes a while to complete it.

This is a good story. I would recommend everyone to read it. What I like about the story was Charlie becomes smart for a while. That’s why I like the story.

LightningCloud said...
Bit of an underwhelming review for such a great story :/

Sarahj11235 replied...
Jun. 28, 2010 at 11:24 am
Dude this was okay but you really need to work on paragraphing and you do not i repeat do not have to nameall the characters there and where the setting is all throughout the book check out my review for inspiration

PrincessAzaria replied...
Jun. 29, 2010 at 11:06 am
I totally agree. All you do is list and it is not very interesting.