Franny And Zooey | Teen Ink

Franny And Zooey MAG

If you like a good, fast paced fantasy book filled with breathtaking escapades,, you will never understand this book. It is the story of the Glass family, Franny, the youngest, and Zooey, her brother, who, like all the Glass children, are child prodigies.

The book, presented in two novellas, is a study of how it feels to be smarter than everyone around you. Franny, for example, feels terribly alone, but despises the superficiality and pretentiousness of everyone around her. She almost hates her oldest brother, Seymour, who feels that "normal" people should be ignored, and she blames him for "making" her so smart and, therefore, so alone. At the same time, she would never want to be like those she sees around her, who she thinks are so stupid and boring.

Also explored in this book is the character of Zooey, and his relations with his "normal" mother and the other Glass children.

There is no one who doesn't have something to learn from this book, and, as long as you read to learn, instead of to escape from breath-taking dangers, this is a book you should read.

i love this !