Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton | Teen Ink

Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton

By Adarmanism BRONZE, Meriden, Connecticut
Adarmanism BRONZE, Meriden, Connecticut

Rawr!! You hear a loud noise in the jungle. The noise keeps getting closer. Every time you hear it, a shiver is sent up your spine. It is the sound of a Dinosaur! It’s not just any dinosaur though; it’s the greatest carnivore of all time, it’s the Tyrannosaurus Rex! Jurassic Park is about an island one hundred miles off the coast of Costa Rica, where they genetically engineered animals. These aren’t just any animals, there dinosaurs. John Hammond had a dream to create a Resort filled with animals from the past. This was only possible because of his perseverance and his unlimited resources. He invites a group of people consisting of, lawyers, paleontologist, paleobotanist, Mathematicians, and grandchildren, to come tour the island to prove that it is safe and can be open to the public.
They all had different views of the island. Ian Malcolm, the ignorant mathematician who believed very strongly in Chaos Theory, thought that the island could never work because, “Theory tells me that the island will quickly proceed to behave in unpredictable fashion” “And is an accident waiting to happen”. Someone with a different view of this is Dr. Alan Grant, a paleontologist. He thinks that the dinosaurs are incredible but does not like the idea that they are a tourist attraction. During the tour of the island something goes terribly wrong, and it becomes a very long night of running from carnivorous reptiles. Will Dr. Grant and the children escape from the jaws of the biggest predators to ever roam the earth? Will this Park of dinosaurs become the next biggest tourist attraction? Find out by reading Jurassic Park!
I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a lot of action and has a little dinosaur knowledge. I really liked this book because it was very descriptive in describing the dinosaurs and what they do. I also like the writing style which includes showing the story from different views in different characters, like from the point of view of Ian Malcolm, Alan Grant, or the even Dr. Hammond. I enjoyed reading about the smart, swift, Velociraptors and how they move and hunt. One of the things that I do not like about this book is how the Tyrannosaurus Rex is always conveniently awaiting around the corner waiting to eat Dr. Grant and the others. You should read this book if you like informative and action packed books. So find out if the park becomes open to the public, or if they even get off it alive.

on Aug. 23 2010 at 10:42 am
DiamondsIntheGrass GOLD, Martinsville, New Jersey

Worry is simply a misuse of the imagination.

when you discribe malcolm, did you mean arogant or ignorant? because i think malcolm is very smart, just arogant.