Misery This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Once again, Stephen King has reached success with Misery, a number one best-seller, and one of his finest works ever. Misery is classic King, with complex twists, graphic details, and chilling suspense.

Paul Sheldon is a successful writer (much like King himself) who has just put an end to Misery Chastain, the main character in his popular series of books. En route to his publisher, Paul's car skids and tumbles over the side of the road. He is rescued by nurse Annie Wilkes, who proceeds to restore his health (and two broken legs) in her isolated cabin. Annie is Paul's number one fan, and when she discovers her heroine Misery is no more, all hell breaks loose. Now Paul is writing to stay alive, because crazy Annie uses needles, drugs, axes, and other sinister (and painful) methods to make sure he sticks to his task without escaping.

In Misery, Stephen King develops his characters with so much detail that the reader can feel as if he actually knows the person. Annie's devilish personality and Paul's seemingly helpless situation create a chilling atmosphere which leads to the final confrontation. These basic elements make King's Misery an excellent psychological thriller and one of his most enjoyable novels to date. n

evan1356 said...
this is one of well the best book i have ever read just like it says you can feel the same way the character do it a very amazing novel