Robert Parker's Mysteries This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Detectives. They're exciting on television and even more intriguing in books. I know of one particular author who has written a series of novels about a detective. This author, Robert B. Parker, is one of my favorites. Spencer, the detective in his books, is witty and funny. He will make you laugh like no other character has before. Parker's books are exciting and action-packed. Spencer has to do what a normal detective is hired to do: find a lost girl, locate a stolen document, battle through a rough world where justice is almost never done.

Another compelling figure in this series is a dynamic man understandingly called Hawk. He aids Spencer in his most dangerous conquests. Hawk is an eye-catching man who stands six feet tall and is built like a well-oiled machine.

I have read eight of Parker's terrific novels and believe me, if it's Parker, they've got to be good! Some include Crimson Joy, Mortal Stakes, Valediction and Pale Kings and Princes, which probably can be found at your library. If you enjoy books that are fully equipped with just the right stuff: lots of action, humor, and adventure, tune into the Spencer novels. n