The Bar Code Tattoo by Suzanne Weyn

This is an incredibly addicting book. Although it may not be filled with tons of action, it's still addicting.

I picked up this book because I thought it had something to do with the Rapture and the Tribulation.....if you are wanting to read this book because of the same reason, don't. It IS about the end times, but not the end times according to Biblical prophecy. It's more of what the times coming will be like. You know, when all the conspiracy theories about the government taking over and controlling our lives will come true.

It's the story of Kayla, a girl about to turn seventeen. And in this futuristic setting, turning seventeen is the equivalent to kids today turning sixteen. Why, you ask? Because on your seventeenth birthday, you receive the bar code tattoo. A tattoo used for buying, selling, ID and many other purposes. Kayla can't wait....

Until both her mother and father commit suicide. She begins going through her father's scientific research about the tattoo, she discovers it's more than a convenience......it's dangerous.

For those of you who, like me, enjoy end-of-the-world dramas, this is the book for you. It makes you think of the world around us in a different light.

A sequel, The Bar Code Rebellion, is also out now.

monsthebones. said...
this is an interesting book! loved it.

RallyR This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Have you read the second one? I can't find it anywhere...And yeah, it's great!!

Soft_spoken said...
I BELIEVE IN THE NWO AND ALL THAT STUFF I WOULD LOVE TO READ THIS

ZadaRox101 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
It's a great book!

ZAVERY said...
I wanna try this book... thanks for giving me interest!

No prob, it's my fave! It's a lil slow at first, but it's gets really good!

pictolover said...
this book sounds good. nice job describing it unbiasedly.

Thank you!