Prison Ship | Teen Ink

Prison Ship

March 17, 2010
By CMSBASEBALL14 BRONZE, Waxhaw, North Carolina
CMSBASEBALL14 BRONZE, Waxhaw, North Carolina
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

"Barrie busied himself lighting a fire, which one would he cook? The other would have to watch his friend get cooked and eaten". Sam Witchall is a Navy sailor in 1801;he is from a poor family where a guinea is tons of money to them. When sam is sent away he finds many new friends and "enemies". The story starts off on a stranded island where sam and his friend Richard are sent because they are accused of cowardice. The two friends go through thick, thin, and "cannibals". This book has an exciting mixture of action, adventure, and drama. Will sam "survive" or "die alone".

The author uses great imagery in this book, so great that you feel as if you are in the book. This book probably made my all time high because of the authors ability to tell you in great detail what is happening in the book. In Dowswell carrer he has written over 60 books for UK publishers only. He has been writing books for 25 years and lives in england with his wife and two children. This was an amazing book and in my opinion should have gotten an award. I recommend this book to anyone and everyone who enjoys a brisk good read.