Night | Teen Ink

Night MAG

Night is a short book, only 109 pages. Of all the books you will ever read, this will probably be the one that will impact the most.

There are no words to describe the Holocaust properly, but this book, a personal account of one survivor, is a painful and poignant example of what one person went through.

It will not attempt to excite you or get you interested, you will just become absorbed by it. And if you have been searching for a book that will tell you just about all that you need to know as a human being about the Holocaust: this is the book. It won't feed you cold facts, numbers, or pictures. All it is is an account of one of the millions of people who was in a Nazi concentration camp and was blessed enough to come out alive.

I have chosen one particular quote to end this review. I hope every person reading this newspaper will pick up this book and read it. It will affect your view of the world both past and present immensely. And it is critical that you understand the past. Even through the eyes of one person.

"Never shall I forget that night, the first night in camp, which has turned my life into one long night, seven times cursed and seven times sealed. Never shall I forget the little faces of the children, whose bodies I saw turned into wreaths of smoke before the silent blue sky. Never shall I forget those flames which consumed my faith forever. Never shall I forget the nocturnal silence which deprived me for all eternity of the desire to live. Never shall I forget those moments which murdered my God and my soul and turned my dream into dust. Never shall I forget these things, even if I am condemned to live as long as God himself. Never." .

i love this !