Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

Perfect Chemistry is the type of book you buy, and then you look at the cover and think; What am I doing? Obviously, the saying is true here, you cannot judge a book by it's cover, because in this case, the cover made it look like one of those extremly shallow books, where you can already guess the exact story line. This isn't the case though.
Perfect Chemistry was so well written, the dialogue sounded as if it was taken straight out of a teenager's mouth, and the thoughts, straight out of their heads.
What I reallu enjoyed about the book, is that it changed points of view. It let you get a look into the head of Brittany and Alex, which made it so much more exciting.
Another thing I would have to say is, don't just start reading the first chapter, think it is dumb, and stop, because at first I thought, "Oh Lord! Who does this Mexican Gangster think he is?!" After you read for a while you really connect with the characters, and get a taste of how it is in their life.
Perfect Chemistry throws unexpected twists and turns all around you. Also, it was the whole classic idea of forbidden love, but modernized.
I really enjoyed this book, because it lets you get the chance to teach you that you can't choose love, love chooses you.
4 Stars!

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

BasketballChick5 said...
Mar. 13, 2010 at 3:25 pm:
I liked this and it was awesoem i read it to it made me cry once hehe jkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkj:)