The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

Imagine having god like powers and don’t know how to use them. You find out your father is Poseidon and your teacher Dionysus and you find out your true place in the world. This is part of the tale. The Lightning Thief, by Rick Riordan, is a great book.
The reason that I chose The Lightning Thief because it was a somewhat thrill ride. What I mean by thrill ride is that the book has a lot of adventure and ups and downs. The Lightning Thief this book I should give a four star because it is a really great book in all but I can’t let Harry Potter down. The book is a wonderful tale and has four sequels but it was great the first time because it was a wonderful scenic route that I could picture it. Plus I read the whole series in 2 weeks and I got word about this book when they had a movie poster near MSPCA.
The authors writing style I think is that he writes like he is Percy and shows all of the details so I could picture it. The real way that he made it all up was that he got it from Greek mythology (I studied it when I was in 6th grade). He had all of the monsters and had made up different settings like New York and LA. The real idea is get a blast of history in a whole new style. This is a great example to tell more info.
What really happens that you are a boy named Percy Jackson and he starts out as a normal boy in a normal school. After a field trip changes his life forever. When he gets a pen sword called riptide and people called half bloods. With all this confusion when will he learn about his father?
Well, I have told you a lot and this is a great one. The Lightning Thief, by Rick Riordan, is the sauce of a steak. When will Percy learn the true meaning of his power will he meet people along the way you will have to find out in the book.

irish hottie said...
you need to better edit it, its distracting. but yes it is a great book and i liked it too

TiberiusPlushenko said...
I loved this book!

D3N~Po0ki3SaUR:3 said...
I've never read the book but i've seen the movie. the movie was great, so i'm trying to get the book so I can read it.

L_Carshell said...
Mar. 22, 2010 at 8:20 am
I love this book with a fiery Zeus-lightning passion :D

Annabeth said...
Mar. 11, 2010 at 11:16 am
I love this book. I used your review to help me with my book report! Thanks a ton

reader said...
Mar. 8, 2010 at 11:36 am
theses books are fantastic