Romiette and Julio by Sharon M. Draper | Teen Ink

Romiette and Julio by Sharon M. Draper

March 2, 2010
By rairai97 BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
rairai97 BRONZE, Cambridge, Massachusetts
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Romiette and Julio by Sharon M. Draper is packed with action and passion. The characters of this remarkable book are humans. Sharon tells us about the adventures and risk they do to survive and that they have been struggling from they met each other because of the gang ‘Devil Dogs. Once you start reading this book you wont want to stop and I love enriched the words are Romiette and Julio, is a must read book!


This book is packed with a lot of power. Anyone who reads this book would think it’s a realistic but too bad it’s a fiction. Sharon truly has a way with words even her writing styles are wonderful. I like this book for a lot of reasons, the way it is written because it’s not like a fairy tale story it has show me moments. I could picture myself as Romiette having a wonderful time with Julio the one she loves dearly.


The most important thing of in this book is what it means to me and also what the author is trying to tell us and I think it means that in life were going to have our ups and down when we find true love and there’s always going to be someone out there that’s going to hate us because they don’t like your friend but if you know you love someone with all your heart then nothing can stop you.

Romiette and Julio, the interesting book by Sharon, is the best book I’ve read so far because of its good storyline I rate this book a good 5 stars. I especially love the way she sets up the book in parts by the main characters point of view. While reading this book I noticed how every bit of the story entwines together to make the story flow more.


My ELA teacher Mr.Trainor first recommended this book to me and now I’m recommending it to you. If you’re the type of person who likes extreme suspense and great word choice then this is the book for you.



In conclusion, Romiette and Julio will give you a blast while reading cause I know I did. This book is filled with a lot of excitement and interesting details Sharon makes it looks like the story it has another part to it that’s to show you how good it is. Long story short, Romiette and Julio will have you buried in it’s pages and begging for more with it’s great writing style, romance, and violence. After reading this book, you will be left speechless.