The Juniper Game | Teen Ink

The Juniper Game MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

"The Juniper Game" by Sherryl Jordan is afascinating look into the perception of time, space and telepathy.

What istime? Can it easily be organized into past, present and future? Or is there aneternal "Now" that's ever-moving, and where all time occurssimultaneously? These are the questions that plague the maincharacters.

Juniper, a popular, intelligent and beautiful girl, needs atalented, sensitive person for her experiment, and joins up with thenot-so-graceful or popular Dylan Pidgely. Her experiment is seemingly simple:she'll look at an image - a church, for example - and concentrate on it. Thenshe'll mentally "send" Dylan the image, and he will draw it withoutever seeing the image with his own eyes. Through the experiment, a friendshipgrows. Eventually the bond becomes so strong that they can send not just images,but ideas and dreams, too.

When Juniper begins getting lifelike picturesof another time and place, things become hectic. Have these people actuallylived? Did this place exist? How do these medieval lives affect Dylan andJuniper?

This book is filled with questions, and once you pick it up, youwon't be able to put it down until they are answered. Jordan develops thecharacters wonderfully, and continually builds suspense and excitement. Idefinitely recommend this to anyone searching for an electrifying book - youwon't want to put it down!

i love this !