The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks | Teen Ink

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

Nicholas Sparks, yet again tells a wonderful story that will have you hooked from the first page. The Last Song, is a story about a rebellious 17-year old girl, Ronnie, who gets sent to live her dad for the summer in North Carolina, with her brother, Jonah. At first she is mad at her dad, and hates where she is spending her summer, until she meets Will, a boy her age, who is charming and seems to understand her better than anyone. Slowly, Ronnie starts to change as Will and she fall in love. She and her dad start to rebuild their relationship after Ronnie refused to talk to him for three years, after her dad walked out on her mom, and Ronnie starts to like the new town she's in.

I think this book is happy, romantic, and even sad at the end. I was really able to connect with the characters, since every chapter gave a new person's story, and perspective on what was going on, making you feel a lot of different emotions. Sparks was really good at keeping me into the book and wanting me to keep reading. This was one of the best books I've ever read, and I would recommend it for teens who want to read a love story, with a surprise ending.

on Aug. 30 2010 at 3:08 am
shayna101 SILVER, Carlsbad, California
This is by far my all time favorite book!! i have read all of Nicholas Sparks's books. I am absolutely obsessed with his writing. The first time I read this book i couldn't put it down and yes that did result in very late nights. I cried hysterically (I cried after reading all his books his work is truly amazzing) When I was finished I went through a depression. Literally! i cried at nights because I missed the characters, especially ronnie who literally is my role model. I want to take up piano because of her and want to dye a purple streak in my hair because of her. I was even a vegetarian like her for a while. I missed the characters so much I felt an emptiness. I called this state of depression GBWS. good book withdrawal syndrome. I decided to read the book again which resulted i more crying and feeling depressed once again after I was finished. I felt like I was apart of the book. I felt like I was in Wilmington with the characters. I read the book over and over again and it never got old. This review is pretty good, however it lacked a lot of information and could have been a lot better.. I would consider maybe adding more detail and more opinions... 

on Aug. 6 2010 at 1:30 pm
DiamondsIntheGrass GOLD, Martinsville, New Jersey

Worry is simply a misuse of the imagination.

this was an AMAZING book. but i dont really like it wen people reveal the actual story.

T.S. said...
on Mar. 26 2010 at 7:39 am
I love this author. His books are absolutely awesome and it's true, I did not want to put it down (and in result, some very late nights!). This book, along with his others, are really touching and there's always some twist to them that makes you think and love the book even more. And the Last Song made me cry, something I almost never do! :)