The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks | Teen Ink

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

January 15, 2010
By Anonymous

Nicholas Sparks, yet again tells a wonderful story that will have you hooked from the first page. The Last Song, is a story about a rebellious 17-year old girl, Ronnie, who gets sent to live her dad for the summer in North Carolina, with her brother, Jonah. At first she is mad at her dad, and hates where she is spending her summer, until she meets Will, a boy her age, who is charming and seems to understand her better than anyone. Slowly, Ronnie starts to change as Will and she fall in love. She and her dad start to rebuild their relationship after Ronnie refused to talk to him for three years, after her dad walked out on her mom, and Ronnie starts to like the new town she's in.

I think this book is happy, romantic, and even sad at the end. I was really able to connect with the characters, since every chapter gave a new person's story, and perspective on what was going on, making you feel a lot of different emotions. Sparks was really good at keeping me into the book and wanting me to keep reading. This was one of the best books I've ever read, and I would recommend it for teens who want to read a love story, with a surprise ending.