Congo by Michael Crichton This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Running through the African jungle, you are chased by thebeast of the Congo. Michael Crichton's Congo is a fast-paced technologicalthriller. His use of detail is phenomenal, like his description of a dead man:"Misulu lay on his back, in a kind of halo of blood. His skull had beencrushed from the sides, his facial bones shattered, the face narrowed andelongated, the mouth open in an obscene yawn, the one remaining eye wide andbulging."

In Congo, Earth Resources Technology Services, Inc. is acompany that has sent a team of researchers to the jungle to solve the mysterybehind what killed a previous team. When the group finds what they're lookingfor, it is a lot more than they expected.

This book is for people who likecliffhangers, action and also like to learn as they read. I really enjoy howCrichton tells his

stories with such detail and knowledge of the subject.Although Congo was first published in 1980, it is still an excellent read, andwill be for years to come.