The Shadow Children Books by Margaret Peterson Haddix

Wow. The Shadow Children books were introduced to me by a teacher. I wasn’t so sure that I would like them, and then I got halfway into Among the Hidden. I couldn’t put it down!!

It’s about a futuristic community that recently suffered of famines. They made up a law that says parents are only aloud two children, and any third child, or shadow child, found by the Population Police will be killed, along with anyone associated with them. So, obviously, that’s something you keep secret.

The seven books follow different characters, who all connect somewhere along the way. Luke, Nina, Percy, Matthias, Trey and Jen (am I missing any? I haven’t read the books in a while. If so, please tell me.) are all third children. Most of them have absolutely no idea who the next one is, but they all have something in common: they live every day on the border of life and death.

The books, Among the Hidden, Among the Imposters, Among the Betrayed, Among the Barons, Among the Enemy, and Among the Free are GREAT!!!! They are page- turners full of cliffhangers, and the Science Fiction genre will really bring readers in. I don’t know anyone who’s read them and didn’t like them!!!!

readlikecrazy10 said...
Mar. 6, 2011 at 8:41 am
yeah, me too :) Sorry, everybody, that I haven't gotten to respond to your comments! Thanks for reading! :)

KayKay:-) said...
Mar. 5, 2011 at 7:41 am
I read the first book in sixth grade. It was pretty good, and I read all the others. My only complaint is that they are rather . . . . short. A little more detail, a little more descriptiveness is needed. All in all, I do like the series.

Mr.Mysterious said...
Feb. 27, 2011 at 11:39 am
I had the same situation with the teacher introducing the book to me. I loved it and read all of them, and some more marget peterson haddix wrote.

manga_maniac said...
Nov. 28, 2010 at 8:44 am
i love margaret peterson hadix's books! she visited my school, but i was in kindergarden so i didn't get to see her. :(

manga_maniac replied...
Nov. 28, 2010 at 8:46 am
forgot to mention among the betrayed is my favorite

ConStPats said...
Oct. 25, 2010 at 6:24 am
Dude, half your comments r by yourself.

ConStPats said...
Oct. 25, 2010 at 6:19 am
Just so you know, you forgot Among the Brave in your list.

ConStPats replied...
Oct. 25, 2010 at 6:20 am
Sorry I didn't say this last time, but I am rating this 5star.

russianreader said...
I've read all of these books and they are amazing and worth it. They may be for middle level readers, but I'm a freshman and I read them a few years ago and LOVED them!

Anonymous User said...
Oct. 14, 2010 at 10:25 am
I've read all 7 books. I want to read them again. They are really good books.

archery10 said...
I'm on among the barons love the series!!!

DiamondsIntheGrass This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i read most of the series.  i got sort of bored.  like, there was the sam eproblem through the entire series. and... yeah. it was okay.

readlikecrazy10 replied...
yeah, I guess I understand. I loved the series (obviously) but the plot never really changes. I read them a while ago, but i think i remember there being twists... Oh, well. thanks for the comment. :)

ElvinaRose said...
Jul. 8, 2010 at 10:58 am
Wow, I remember reading these in 5th grade, they're absoulutly amazing!

readlikecrazy10 replied...
Jul. 9, 2010 at 10:04 am
yes, they are... :) i love her writing style. :)

carly... said...
I loved this book series. I red it in a matter own a week I got so hooked!

readlikecrazy10 replied...
i loved them too... :) it's hard to believe i didn't think i'd like them at first!

readlikecrazy10 said...
there must be something wrong with my computer... did i just see FOUR DIGITS???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome!!!!!!!! thanks!!!!!

readlikecrazy10 said...
May 9, 2010 at 9:04 am
wow!!!!!!! BIG numbers!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you so much for reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

readlikecrazy10 said...
Apr. 18, 2010 at 11:13 am
tay tay read my article! :)